Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rd22 vs GWS

Senior Player
    I think Dan (Robbo) falls into the category of "a pretty good average footballer". In a weaker team he would be playing every week.
    I wonder how often that thought crosses his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I think Dan (Robbo) falls into the category of "a pretty good average footballer". In a weaker team he would be playing every week.
    I wonder how often that thought crosses his mind.
    Seems that it did last year when he requested a trade. Problem then was that he couldn’t find another club that was interested. That could change given overall he’s had a strong year.

Veterans List
    Until recently I haven't been a fan of Robbo, but maybe the reason he doesn't get a lot of stats in the 1's is because he is always given a run with role, given the midfield depth we have had. If he was given a purely midfield role he may surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Until recently I haven't been a fan of Robbo, but maybe the reason he doesn't get a lot of stats in the 1's is because he is always given a run with role, given the midfield depth we have had. If he was given a purely midfield role he may surprise.
    This is an interesting statement given that so many on this forum have bemoaned our lack of midfield depth, yet we don't have any midfielders on our injury list (unless we count Mills, who has played mostly in defence), nor did we lose any midfielders after last season. I agree that our midfield depth is okay, just young, but it seems that the consensus has shifted to the negative. So what's happened to change this perception in the past year?

Give a thought to the status of these players:
    1. Robbie Fox, who may have lost out because he played 4 games during our recent poor stretch of games.
    2. Dean Towers, a regular last year and since the start of this season had only 1 crack to get back in the seniors, but played poorly. He's since been okay in the reserves, without starring.
    3. COR, who would allow another player to go into the midfield if he were in the side.
    4. Nic Newman, who is in the side again, but has been omitted most of the season after having played 20 games last year.
    5. Jordan Dawson, who probably should have played senior footy last year and now has finally come into the senior side.

It's probably more a problem of our core senior midfielders being out of form or being inconsistent this year when compared to the recent past.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This is an interesting statement given that so many on this forum have bemoaned our lack of midfield depth, yet we don't have any midfielders on our injury list (unless we count Mills, who has played mostly in defence), nor did we lose any midfielders after last season. I agree that our midfield depth is okay, just young, but it seems that the consensus has shifted to the negative. So what's happened to change this perception in the past year?

Give a thought to the status of these players:
    1. Robbie Fox, who may have lost out because he played 4 games during our recent poor stretch of games.
    2. Dean Towers, a regular last year and since the start of this season had only 1 crack to get back in the seniors, but played poorly. He's since been okay in the reserves, without starring.
    3. COR, who would allow another player to go into the midfield if he were in the side.
    4. Nic Newman, who is in the side again, but has been omitted most of the season after having played 20 games last year.
    5. Jordan Dawson, who probably should have played senior footy last year and now has finally come into the senior side.

It's probably more a problem of our core senior midfielders being out of form or being inconsistent this year when compared to the recent past.
    +1

This may not be the right thread but

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...16-p4zxuf.html

“The AFL is facing a potential finals fixture headache with a storm brewing between the Swans and Giants over where an all-Sydney final should be played.”

“Sydney have called for the game to be played at the SCG irrespective of who earns hosting rights as the venue has a larger capacity than Spotless Stadium. The Giants, however, are adamant if they earn a final it should be played at their home ground, unless ANZ Stadium is available.”

Wasn’t the reason we were forced to play our home game at ANZ because it was the biggest available and it was said at the time that, in future, were the SCG the biggest the Giants would have to play there?

Jeez, based on our home/away win/loss record this year I think I'd prefer Spotless...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    This may not be the right thread but

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...16-p4zxuf.html

“The AFL is facing a potential finals fixture headache with a storm brewing between the Swans and Giants over where an all-Sydney final should be played.”

“Sydney have called for the game to be played at the SCG irrespective of who earns hosting rights as the venue has a larger capacity than Spotless Stadium. The Giants, however, are adamant if they earn a final it should be played at their home ground, unless ANZ Stadium is available.”

Wasn’t the reason we were forced to play our home game at ANZ because it was the biggest available and it was said at the time that, in future, were the SCG the biggest the Giants would have to play there?
    And, from memory, it pissed us all off. If the Giants are above us they deserve the right to host the game, sucks if that means a sell out at a lower capacity venue but they will have earnt it.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Senior Player
    Who ever earns a home final should get to keep it. This competition is compromised enough already.

Jordan Dawson a late out "Manged" and Robbie Fox in. GWS no changes.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post

He copped a corky last week so I'm not surprised.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post

Damn! He has been shaping up so well.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast