Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rd22 vs GWS

Changes for Rd22 vs GWS

A bit early after that great win to be starting this thread but it occurred to me how light we are for KPP backs after losing poor AJ today. I'm assuming COR will likely replace Nick Smith but who comes in to help Rampe and Aliir? Maibaum may have been given an opportunity but he is out injured too.

Veteran Site Admin
    Jones is due back from his suspension and I presume he'll come straight back into the side.

Maibaum isn't an option. We don't know about Grundy's situation. Depending on that, I guess the team will just have to make do with Rampe and Aliir. We can always move Reid back to defence...oh wait...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Jones is due back from his suspension and I presume he'll come straight back into the side.

Maibaum isn't an option. We don't know about Grundy's situation. Depending on that, I guess the team will just have to make do with Rampe and Aliir. We can always move Reid back to defence...oh wait...
    Reid has been wearing #5 in defence in the last few weeks!!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Besides Jones, Grundy, and COR, Fox is the other option, he did play as a defender against Essendon when Grundy was moved forward in the second half.

Florent was playing in defence today even before AJ and Smith were injured. Newman was the one who had to shift back to defence and he played very well. So for minimal changes the Swans could go Jones for Smith and bring in someone like Towers/Robinson/Fox/Rose to play wing/half-forward.

GWS play with 2 permanent tall forwards in Cameron and Himmelberg, but also have the option of throwing Tomlinson, who usually plays wing, forward at times to stretch us. The Demons tried this with Pedersen in the third quarter today but we seemed to handle that okay through a combination of Newman and Lloyd.

I know McCartin took a fabulous defensive mark today but I think that was still playing as a forward helping out down back. I wonder if he could play as an intercepting defender allowing for Cameron to come into the team to play forward. It's left field but I'm just spitballing.

Senior Player
    Early days but I think we will bring in Jones and COR in place of AJ and nick smith

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

SWANS football manager Tom Harley expects key defender Heath Grundy to be back in action next weekend, most likely in the NEAFL.

Last week, Grundy, 32, announced he was taking indefinite leave to deal with mental health issues.

He has continued to train with the team.

“There is an absolute expectation that he is back in the selection discussion next week,” Harley said.

“It’s definitely not a line through the season scenario. It’s not at the expense of the broader discussion around his health. I’d be surprised if he’s not playing at some level next week.”

Pushing for Selection
    Yep I'm thinking either Jones and COR or Jones and Towers in for AJ and Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

SWANS football manager Tom Harley expects key defender Heath Grundy to be back in action next weekend, most likely in the NEAFL.

Last week, Grundy, 32, announced he was taking indefinite leave to deal with mental health issues.

He has continued to train with the team.

“There is an absolute expectation that he is back in the selection discussion next week,” Harley said.

“It’s definitely not a line through the season scenario. It’s not at the expense of the broader discussion around his health. I’d be surprised if he’s not playing at some level next week.”
    Yep I'm expecting it to be Reg in for AJ and then Jones in for Smith although I'd much prefer to see COR instead but I doubt that will happen.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Besides Jones, Grundy, and COR, Fox is the other option, he did play as a defender against Essendon when Grundy was moved forward in the second half.

Florent was playing in defence today even before AJ and Smith were injured. Newman was the one who had to shift back to defence and he played very well. So for minimal changes the Swans could go Jones for Smith and bring in someone like Towers/Robinson/Fox/Rose to play wing/half-forward.

GWS play with 2 permanent tall forwards in Cameron and Himmelberg, but also have the option of throwing Tomlinson, who usually plays wing, forward at times to stretch us. The Demons tried this with Pedersen in the third quarter today but we seemed to handle that okay through a combination of Newman and Lloyd.
    That was Newmans best game for te year.
    He played really well and set up a few forward forays.
    Let's hope he's got his confidence back!!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    That was Newmans best game for te year.
    He played really well and set up a few forward forays.
    Let's hope he's got his confidence back!!
    Newman got better and better as the game goes on. Seems to be a real confidence player, so hopefully he can build on that.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Newman was clearly the most affected by AJ.
    Hopefully it wasn't that which inspired him to play so well. We need his to be able to perform without such motivation.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast