Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rd22 vs GWS

"Yo-yo" Robbo into the team again.

I don't have a particular beef against him, he's perfectly serviceable for the most part but frustratingly never seems to translate NEAFL form into AFL success. I just wish they'd either stick with him, or stop picking him. One week in and one week out, over and over again doesn't help his confidence or help with continuity.

If we're ever a chance against their current squad, it's right now while 1/3 of them are injured.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Has Aliir Aliir played against GWS before or in his much improved form and confidence?

He’s such an important player to help win games now.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    I'd prefer to see Cunningham go to Whitfield, Hewett to Coniglio and Robinson to Shiel.
    Is this the new 'cortinas versus ferraris'?...Looks like it on paper....

Hopefully Kirky can inspire this version of cortinas to perform the same type of heroics as his cortinas did all those years ago.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Is this the new 'cortinas versus ferraris'?
    Game Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Game Preview

He’s back ! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Grundy back in the NEAFL. I think the Giants will have 4-5 listed players in that game.

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

Regular in the Side
    Robbo again what a joke. To get 40+touches in neafl means nothing, Cameron gets 30+ hitouts and doesn't get selected. we will never win a p/ship with him in the team. surely fox or irish better choice.

The nerves have kicked in.
    Heart attack waiting to happen.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Can't see Whitfield playing anywhere other than half-back. He's been their primary architect from there for pretty much the whole season, and until Williams returns (if he does, this season) I can't see that changing. Shaw's omission makes it even less likely he'll be moved.

They've got lots of very high quality players but, with Kelly missing, Whitfield is the obvious one to lock down on ahead of all others. He creates so much of their play. I imagine Cunningham and Robinson will both get to spend some time on him.

Notwithstanding Hewett's success in round 3, I reckon we need him as one of our main onball brigade with neither Kennedy nor Parker really at their very best right now. If he feels the urge to lock down on someone, there are a few options in there for him to get his teeth into. But I hope he's asked to play a two way role, rather than a primarily defensive one.
    I think Cunningham is probably the best matchup that we will have for Whitfield. One small grace of Lachie's time at half back is he isn't quite logging the insane amount of gut running up and down the wing to wear his opponent out (I mean, he nearly is- but it's something!).
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

I feel sorry for Robbo in and out all the time. Do we not have a great win-loss record with him in the team.

I wonder if he’s been brought in as cover for Hewitt? To let Hewitt play as a defensive forward on Whitfield, Robbo will play a defensive inside mid role.

I probably would've gone Fox over Robbo due to his versatility but I'm not surprised that Robbo is in. He was fine against Collingwood and I don't think he got dropped as such, it was just that we had a better significantly better version (Hanners) returning. That's the nature of being a fringe player.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Warming the Bench
    Not a Robbo fan by any stretch but agree that his last few senior games have been quite good
    I'm confident he will do his job
    Just not sure of the long term benefit

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast