Manly
    Sydney Uni

Dragons
    Bombers
    Bulldogs
    Manly
    Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Footy Barista View Post
    Might have something to do with coach also telling the runner to give one of the injured manly players @@@@@@ for doing his hamstring, heard that on the footage too ......embrassing for wests
    Thats great. What are wests going to do when the 10 years of funding from the sell off ends? Might be another balmain or campbelltown.

So wests lookong for a coach. Camden advertised didnt they? Anyone else?

- - - Updated - - -

St George
    North Shore
    UNSW-ES
    Manly
    Neafl

Dragons
    Bombers
    Demons
    Wolves
    Students

Just wanted to say what an awesome close finish to the season. Good luck to all teams. I follow from the periphery and only see the odd game but closeness is great and many teams have had good wins or close games against teams above them.
    Last edited by Jupiter; 16th August 2018 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Thats great. What are wests going to do when the 10 years of funding from the sell off ends? Might be another balmain or campbelltown.

So wests lookong for a coach. Camden advertised didnt they? Anyone else?

- - - Updated - - -

St George
    North Shore
    UNSW-ES
    Manly
    Neafl
    I'm not familiar with your "10 years funding" comment, could you explain please? Are there broader concerns with Wests for some reason?

Warming the Bench
    St George
    North Shore
    Dogs
    Manly
    Sydney. Uni

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    I'm not familiar with your "10 years funding" comment, could you explain please? Are there broader concerns with Wests for some reason?
    They had a leagues club. They sold it (or at least the pokies in it). The deal they got was 10 years of 50k a year. Was a few years ago.

I know they have approached a couple of clubs to talk about a merger. They are last in prems, reserves and thirds (div 2). Their 19s had to merge and are coming last in 19s2 with 1 win, 10 losses and 3 forfeits.

They had a leagues club. They sold it (or at least the pokies in it). The deal they got was 10 years of 50k a year. Was a few years ago.

I know they have approached a couple of clubs to talk about a merger. They are last in prems, reserves and thirds (div 2). Their 19s had to merge and are coming last in 19s2 with 1 win, 10 losses and 3 forfeits.
    Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I'm genuinely surprised such an old club with 2 grounds, their own junior club and years of $$ is struggling so much when the game is growing so much.

Their 19s had to merge and are coming last in 19s2 with 1 win, 10 losses and 3 forfeits.
    Wests Goannas (JV between Wests and Parramatta) are in the finals. South West Magpies is the team you are referring to.

St George
    ECE
    UNSW-ES
    UTS
    SYD UNI

Quote Originally Posted by skaterboi1973 View Post
    Wests Goannas (JV between Wests and Parramatta) are in the finals. South West Magpies is the team you are referring to.
    Woops. My bad

Woops. My bad
    Actually, I don’t think you’re that far off.
    The Wests-Goanna’s JV is in 19 2’s finals, but I understand that only a handful of those kids are from Wests. So they’re threadbare in their senior club, with not much coming.
    There were at least a couple of their better players who nearly left at the start of this season and with the season they’ve had it wouldn’t be surprising to see those guys move on.
    The model they’re using isn’t working and it will take years of heavy lifting to get them out of trouble. Hope they’ve got the appetite for it.

On a brighter note, what an interesting last round in Prems!. 3rd to 6th could finish in or out. It wouldn’t be often that a team sitting in a qualifying final position is a reasonable chance to miss finals. And it looks like being a great day for foot!!.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast