Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GWS game ticket question?

Veterans List

GWS game ticket question?

Hi, I've just got back in the country and want to go to the GWS game on saturday. When I go to the Ticketmaster site for member tickets it asks for a barcode? Where do I get a barcode for this event? And how do I know that I'll be sitting in the Swans fan section - I'd rather not be seated with GWS people, especially if they win.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Hi, I've just got back in the country and want to go to the GWS game on saturday. When I go to the Ticketmaster site for member tickets it asks for a barcode? Where do I get a barcode for this event? And how do I know that I'll be sitting in the Swans fan section - I'd rather not be seated with GWS people, especially if they win.
    I'm guessing but that's probably for GWS members (or where there's a special offer for away members, which I haven't seen advertised this game).

It's an away game so the Swans membership isn't applicable. Wouldn't you just be buying a public admission ticket?

Veterans List
    Liz, that's too logical for my jet lagged brain. So now I just need to know where Swans fans sit - or I wonder if there's GA ticketing so I can seek out red and white people?

Oh my.
    I don't believe in putting money into GW$'s wallet.
    I'll watch it at home and support my club financially by buying something from the Swanshop.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Oh my.
    I don't believe in putting money into GW$'s wallet.
    I'll watch it at home and support my club financially by buying something from the Swanshop.
    Seriously??
    You wouldn't go and see our team play at another ground because you don't want to put money into the opposition's wallet?
    I would think any Swan supporter would be desperate to rally for our team anywhere. And any expenditure is also for the good of our game development anyway.
    A SAD response.

Senior Player
    You would be surprised how just how little of the ticket price ends up with the home team. It is very expensive to run and
    staff a stadium for a day, and tickets to the footy are very cheap compared to other forms of entertainment. I would fall
    over if any GWS home game has ever turned a profit. The position of some of the Melbourne clubs isn't a lot different.
    Even with the merch, there are a lot of fingers in the pie.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    You would be surprised how just how little of the ticket price ends up with the home team. It is very expensive to run and
    staff a stadium for a day, and tickets to the footy are very cheap compared to other forms of entertainment. I would fall
    over if any GWS home game has ever turned a profit. The position of some of the Melbourne clubs isn't a lot different.
    Even with the merch, there are a lot of fingers in the pie.
    Plenty of GWS games would turn a profit. It's down to stadium deal, not a fixed cost, and spotless would be a lot cheaper than SCG or ANZ.

GWS supporters are a pretty mild bunch .
    Some of them are members of both Swans and GWS ...
    come to think of it, I’d be happy to do that.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Liz, that's too logical for my jet lagged brain. So now I just need to know where Swans fans sit - or I wonder if there's GA ticketing so I can seek out red and white people?
    If previous years are anything to go by, the crowd will be about 75/25 Swans/GWS. So you can sit more or less anywhere Most of the GWS noise comes from their members area, in the Members and Suttor stands.

Personally I enjoy a trip out to Spotless. You can walk a lap of the ground and I reckon the food outlets are better than the SCG.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Only Standing room tickets are left.

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    If previous years are anything to go by, the crowd will be about 75/25 Swans/GWS. So you can sit more or less anywhere Most of the GWS noise comes from their members area, in the Members and Suttor stands.

Personally I enjoy a trip out to Spotless. You can walk a lap of the ground and I reckon the food outlets are better than the SCG.
    Agree. It's a lovely ground for footy. I'll be in the Suttor stand, wearing my red-and-white colours.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Yeah, nah.
    I paid to see an away game at Edihad this year. That's not my point.
    I just don't want my money funding GW$ in any way, shape or form.
    I'll be more than comfortable at home, and I'm pretty sure my club will be happy for the financial support.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast