Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 22 Swans vs Giants, SS, Sat 18 Aug 4:35pm @sydneyswans #AFLGiantsSwans

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I can’t believe there aren’t more people on RWO celebrating our most significant win of the year.
    That’s human nature reflected on here. A win always receives far less posts, a loss attracts all the whiners , whingers, baggers and critics.

GWS played their champagne footy for a couple of quarters which is actually poetry in motion, they sprint (not just run) to vacant space, hit their man lace out , play on knowing someone will be either overlapping or in free space further afield and usually rack up goals. Luckily they missed a lot.

They took some outstanding marks especially inside 50. They are so athletic and looked the winners at the long break even though they were still only a couple of goals up.

Swans were chasing, slipping over and even Aliirs sure hands looked clumsy . He was often frustrated calling for leads from players seemingly glued to the grass compared to the dashing Giants.

It’s been a ferocious three weeks , Swans looked like they couldn’t find much more.

I paid $86 (best seat ) to end up with a mob of Buddy Booers and numskulls who didn’t seem to understand the rules . There were spare seats throughout the stadium. The ground announcer proudly boasted it was a SOLD OUT crowd and thanked all the Giants supporters !

After the long break and a legal drink of Go-Swans, an over ripe banana, a quick lie down and some meditation led by S. Johnson and Mr Cox they came out late looking very sleepy and wandered to the bench (Haywood, Macca, Jack and someone) and the rest to their glue spots .

Something had worked, maybe the banana. They were now glued to their man . The Giants didn’t like this , they preferred playing kick to kick . The Swans found a minuscule bit more mongrel than the Giants .

Buddy was furious they looked like going down as was Joey and Parker and Macca and Isaac. There was definitely more movement at the station and the BBOOING got louder especially if he got a free.

It was great theatre as now the Swans were up to Buddy’s ears back in the game. The wind in the final term helped and nailing some difficult shots .

It was an excellent win to make three epics in succession . Great team to support .

Buddy seemed to be moving OK chucking mini balls into the crowd . Hope he’s good this morning.

Had some good Food outside ANZ.
    I got a free park a fair distance away but then rode my bike to Spotless.

What an awesome night at the footy. Brilliant win Swans as underdogs again .

No visible injuries . How’s Mr Reid going these days , does he train ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Campbell Brown categorically wrote us off 3 weeks ago on SEN. What will he say this week.
    I don’t think he was alone.

It was a very nice win in the end - it took us some time to grind our way into the match, but if it wasnt for poor accuracy in the 3rd quarter it would have been a very comfortable win.

Massive game next week now - a win and we have turned what looked very miserable a few short weeks ago into a top 4 finish. I feel the week off will really benefit us a lot and give us a real chance to spring a big upset in week 1 of the finals!

Senior Player
    If we do win next week we finish 4th and face a first final against Richmond at the MCG. Toughest assignment in footy at the moment.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    If we do win next week we finish 4th and face a first final against Richmond at the MCG. Toughest assignment in footy at the moment.
    How good. Bring it on.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I was going to point out that if we win and the Pies lose, we will finish third. But then I reminded myself of who the Pies play next weekend. We'll finish fourth.

Happy and I know it
    Really can't believe there were 21,433 people in the crowd. There were vacant seats all over the place.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Because Melbourne play GWS in the last round, only one of them can overtake us if we lose to Hawthorn. Hence the lowest we can finish is sixth, i.e. we have a home final this year.

So I'm wondering if those who called for us to wrap it all up this year and look to next year are still of that mindset?
    This isn't a jab, but a genuine question.
    Arguments could be made that we're not playing like a team who can win the flag, and the chances of us making it to the end may not be great.

Personally I'm of the thought "in it to win it" and finishing in the top 8 of 18 presents a real chance, particularly as finals are different to H&A.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I was going to point out that if we win and the Pies lose, we will finish third. But then I reminded myself of who the Pies play next weekend. We'll finish fourth.
    Though if Collingwood do lose to Fremantle, there are a couple of added bonuses, besides a chance of us finishing third. Firstly, it would be hilarious, and secondly, us losing to the Suns, might no longer be considered the most inexplicable upset of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    So I'm wondering if those who called for us to wrap it all up this year and look to next year are still of that mindset?
    This isn't a jab, but a genuine question.
    Arguments could be made that we're not playing like a team who can win the flag, and the chances of us making it to the end may not be great.

Personally I'm of the thought "in it to win it" and finishing in the top 8 of 18 presents a real chance, particularly as finals are different to H&A.
    After two terrible losses to Suns and Bombers I must admit the finals chances seemed to be dead and buried. We were playing really poor football and all credit to the coaches and players for turning it around.

I agree if you are in the finals, then you are a chance. Form, injuries and luck all play a big part in winning the big dance.

Our form over the past 3 weeks has been much better and we are in with a chance.

The Suns loss was abysmal but it hasn't cost us as much as first thought. If we had've won, we would currently be 3rd but still requiring to beat the Hawks next week to remain in the top 4.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast