Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 23 V Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Is Reid gone for the year ?
    In last week's injury report, he was listed as three weeks. I would assume that he would have to then return via the NEAFL. So, personally, I'm looking at him as a handy inclusion for our reserves, rather than somebody who is going to add much to our firsts. Though a fit Reid may be a useful back up, if we go deep and somebody gets injured.

Senior Player
    Apparently Tom Harley said on SEN this morning that Reid is a chance to play finals - so won't be in this week, but we may see him again before the season's out

I would go as far as saying that a fit Reid back is essential to us winning the premiership.

Veteran Site Admin
    Reid lasted less than a quarter in his NEAFL "comeback game" before succumbing to a new injury. So I won't be holding my breath expecting him to be available to play senior football again this year.

lol@Reid playing this year.
    I'd be pretty pissed...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I would go as far as saying that a fit Reid back is essential to us winning the premiership.
    I would tend to agree that he would make a huge difference to our premiership chances. In the one game he played this year against GWS our forward line did not look as one dimensional as it normally does as he provided an excellent marking target. Our opponents will double team Buddy in the finals so we need an alternative beyond mid sized forwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sydney give hopeful Sam Reid injury update

Sydney's Head of Football Tom Harley says utility Sam Reid is a chance to return ahead of the club’s finals campaign.

Reid has battled quad and achilles injuries all season and has been limited to just one senior game in 2018, which was back in Round 3 against rivals GWS.

The Swans premiership player could return via the NEAFL in order to gain some much needed match-fitness before being considered for senior selection.

“It’s not too dissimilar to 2016, it’s a similar injury that Sam had, he fell a week short and we played in a Grand Final against the Dogs,” Harley told SEN Breakfast.

“He will train again this week and with a bit of luck he might be able to get some match practice in the reserves, our reserves have qualified for the finals as well.

“There’s an option for him, we would love him back as soon as possible to provide some support for Lance (Franklin), but he’s got to get through a few hurdles this week.

“It’s a bit cliché, but we’ll update as the weeks progress.”

Veterans List
    Selections aside, my biggest fear this week is the umpiring and who gets the job. If Stevic is 'drawn' to adjudicate this match, I think we should worry.....it couldn't just be a coincidence, could it? I would smell a big stinking rat......called Gillon.

Warming the Bench
    No mention on here yet of the potential need to replace Parker for a week. The video evidence on the AFL website's MRP preview doesn't look fantastic.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Selections aside, my biggest fear this week is the umpiring and who gets the job. If Stevic is 'drawn' to adjudicate this match, I think we should worry.....it couldn't just be a coincidence, could it? I would smell a big stinking rat......called Gillon.
    It will be interesting to see how Rampe and Grundy (assuming he's back in) are adjudicated. The last time these teams met Clarko called for an emergency meeting with the AFL boss to have a whinge about our defenders (and Richmond's apparently).

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Sydney give hopeful Sam Reid injury update

Sydney's Head of Football Tom Harley says utility Sam Reid is a chance to return ahead of the club’s finals campaign.

Reid has battled quad and achilles injuries all season and has been limited to just one senior game in 2018, which was back in Round 3 against rivals GWS.

The Swans premiership player could return via the NEAFL in order to gain some much needed match-fitness before being considered for senior selection.

“It’s not too dissimilar to 2016, it’s a similar injury that Sam had, he fell a week short and we played in a Grand Final against the Dogs,” Harley told SEN Breakfast.

“He will train again this week and with a bit of luck he might be able to get some match practice in the reserves, our reserves have qualified for the finals as well.

“There’s an option for him, we would love him back as soon as possible to provide some support for Lance (Franklin), but he’s got to get through a few hurdles this week.

“It’s a bit cliché, but we’ll update as the weeks progress.”
    I wonder how necessary the brackets are around (Franklin). Not too many Lances around the Swans that we could mistake for him.

Regular in the Side
    We have to be mindful of the weather forecast for Saturday night which is Light rain shower and windy at 35km

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast