Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 23 V Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by Old S.M.Blood View Post
    I wonder if we would be better off if we rested our senior players this week.
    As crazy as this sounds, I still think Freo are a real chance of upsetting Collingwood. If that happens and we beat the Hawks we would be playing the Eagles rather than Richmond anyway. I hope we go out hard on Saturday night - and let the chips fall where they may. Top 4 (and a chance at a home preliminary) is way better than 5 or 6 no matter who you play.

Only way to go anything but hard is via slection committee resting players which i dont think will happen.

Outside if that we have 26 guys trying to get into a 22, no one on the ground will be taking it easy

If we can get past Hawthorn this week, I reckon we're a real chance to knock of Tigers in the 1st week of finals (assuming Pies beat Freo). This is based on the following:

- Our record at the G is quite good. Won 3 of 5 last year & both games this year.
    - Last team to have defeated Tigers at the G (last year).
    - When played them this year at Etihad, it was close hard fought contest which they only got away in the last 10 mins of the game. Longmire & co have tweaked our game plan since, most notably in the last 3 weeks.
    - Senior players like McVeigh, Jack, Hannebery & Buddy are now in better form.
    - Sam Reid could also be our secret weapon if he manages to come up (same with Rohan).

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Avoiding Richmond. Get a grip people! It's a double chance.
    Exactly. What are we? 8-and-2 against teams in the eight. Beat Hawthorn, beat Richmond (and they are way overdue for a loss
    at the MCG) and then a home prelim at the SCG, and then a trip to the GF to right a couple wrongs down there.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    If we can get past Hawthorn this week, I reckon we're a real chance to knock of Tigers in the 1st week of finals (assuming Pies beat Freo). This is based on the following:

- Our record at the G is quite good. Won 3 of 5 last year & both games this year.
    - Last team to have defeated Tigers at the G (last year).
    - When played them this year at Etihad, it was close hard fought contest which they only got away in the last 10 mins of the game. Longmire & co have tweaked our game plan since, most notably in the last 3 weeks.
    - Senior players like McVeigh, Jack, Hannebery & Buddy are now in better form.
    - Sam Reid could also be our secret weapon if he manages to come up (same with Rohan).
    I generally agree with that. We didn't play that well when we played them earlier in the year, particularly on Riewoldt.

Richmond are our bogey team.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Richmond are our bogey team.
    We have a 65% win ratio over the last ten years or so although we have lost 3 of the last 5 but hardly a bogey team Hawks and Magpies have had the wood over us much more in the last few years. Must be a bird thing

Suggestions Reg and Rohan could be back this week. If Dawson comes back that’s 3 ins.

Outs - Fox, Robbo and who else?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Suggestions Reg and Rohan could be back this week. If Dawson comes back that’s 3 ins.

Outs - Fox, Robbo and who else?
    Hopefully not Buddy 😞.

Senior Player
    Horse just on SEN now - didn't sound that positive about Buddy. He is "pretty sure" Grundy will play Senior footy again this year...not many rounds to go so read into that what you will.

Rohan will come in without buddy. He actually goes ok as a main forward

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Horse just on SEN now - didn't sound that positive about Buddy. He is "pretty sure" Grundy will play Senior footy again this year...not many rounds to go so read into that what you will.
    I think they will opt to give Buddy the 2 weeks rest.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast