Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 23 V Hawks

Veterans List
    It looks like being a wet game. So maybe don't risk Buddy on a heavy track? Roughead back so Reg but otherwise go small?

Forecast is 80% chance of rain on Saturday afternoon and evening - 10 to 20 ml.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Suggestions Reg and Rohan could be back this week. If Dawson comes back that’s 3 ins.

Outs - Fox, Robbo and who else?
    Gosh I hope Rohan isn't rushed back - he has hardly been even close to setting the world on fire in reserves...
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    We have a 65% win ratio over the last ten years or so although we have lost 3 of the last 5 but hardly a bogey team Hawks and Magpies have had the wood over us much more in the last few years. Must be a bird thing
    Friend of mine looked at the concept of "bogey teams" for me a while ago. He came up with the "bogeyness score" which is a measure of wins versus expected wins against each team.

Who's Your Team's "Bogey Team"?

In his words "We see for Sydney then, for example, that Richmond is something of a bogey team but less so than Collingwood and only about as much as Adelaide and Geelong."

Surely Cameron has to come in for this match if Buddy is out? He is a better option than Rohan as a fwd and his stats in the NEAFL can't be ignored.

I get the impression the often when Bud doesn’t play, we actually do ok. We are certainly less predictable with our forward entries. Including R8 ... v Hawthorn ... Ronke’s 7 goal breakout game

How is Reid coming along?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    It looks like being a wet game. So maybe don't risk Buddy on a heavy track? Roughead back so Reg but otherwise go small?
    Agree. But not sure we need Grundy if it's wet.

OUT : Fox, Franklin

IN : Dawson, Towers

On 2nd thoughts...This will be played like a final, so..

OUT : Fox, Franklin

IN : Dawson, Grundy

Towers has been found wanting, when the heat is on.
    Last edited by ernie koala; 22nd August 2018 at 10:53 AM.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Fox Buddy Robbo
    Grundy Rohan Dawson
    If its wet no point playing Buddy and the rest will work wonders
    Clarko better when he k kws where its going forward

Horse gives Rohan And Reg a chance to prove their worth before finals
    Also brings guys back before Reid and potentially Mills which means only one rusty player at a time in finals

If Buddy is out, I wonder if we'd consider playing Grundy forward? Without Buddy we would have such an inexperienced forward line for such a high pressure, important match. Just spitballing really.

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Fox Buddy Robbo
    Horse gives Rohan And Reg a chance to prove their worth before finals
    Has Rohan ever proven to be worthwhile in finals ?

Senior Player
    I think they should play Rohan at full forward if Buddy doesn't play. He lined up there when we played Hawthorn without Buddy earlier in the year. He and Hayward would contest for marks along with McCartin, while Ronke and Paley crumb.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast