Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 wash ups

2018 wash ups

It’s already starting some teams out and coaches gone.

West’s sacked there’s apparently, will Allison be sought somewhere else what happens to their recruits

Mudgey has apparently gone and is angling for either west’s role or Camden plus bringing 15 players.

Finals should be good anyway for the 5 in it, most even 5 for a number of years

Apparently Balmain’s senior coach walked out a few weeks ago too?

Quote Originally Posted by 5yearplan View Post
    It’s already starting some teams out and coaches gone.

Mudgey has apparently gone and is angling for either west’s role or Camden plus bringing 15 players.

Finals should be good anyway for the 5 in it, most even 5 for a number of years
    Very tight finals in a lot of grades.
    We’ve been clear in Prems, but really not a lot in it. Lost to UNSW and Manly, very tight game against ECE and not that much in it vs SU either.
    I reckon we could win Prem Reserves and Division 1, or we could get knocked out this week. Anyone could win those comps.
    Similar across 19’s and other grades too.
    Great for footy!!

Wests and Mudgie would be a match made in heaven!!

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber. View Post
    Very tight finals in a lot of grades.
    We’ve been clear in Prems, but really not a lot in it. Lost to UNSW and Manly, very tight game against ECE and not that much in it vs SU either.
    I reckon we could win Prem Reserves and Division 1, or we could get knocked out this week. Anyone could win those comps.
    Similar across 19’s and other grades too.
    Great for footy!!

Wests and Mudgie would be a match made in heaven!!
    Why doesnt mudgie have a rest for a year or two......

Would be interesting to see a breakdown and comparison of margins, forfeits etc.

I haven't paid much attention to it besides a cursory score check of grades on a Monday in down time - I do know my old mob crash landed pretty hard after winning the opening 5. Awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Would be interesting to see a breakdown and comparison of margins, forfeits etc.
    I haven't paid much attention to it besides a cursory score check of grades on a Monday in down time - I do know my old mob crash landed pretty hard after winning the opening 5. Awful.
    Will be interesting to see how Syd AFL review this season with the new structure. Personally, I found it a bit boring. 5 clubs dominate all of the non-plutonium grades (Syd Uni, UNSW, N/S Penno and Camden) and the Plutonium was a joke with only 4 teams. I miss the spread of Mac Uni, Parra, Magic etc through the Divisions - it spiced up each Division. It just looks a bit boring now as evidenced by the lack of activity on this site for year. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    Will be interesting to see how Syd AFL review this season with the new structure. Personally, I found it a bit boring. 5 clubs dominate all of the non-plutonium grades (Syd Uni, UNSW, N/S Penno and Camden) and the Plutonium was a joke with only 4 teams. I miss the spread of Mac Uni, Parra, Magic etc through the Divisions - it spiced up each Division. It just looks a bit boring now as evidenced by the lack of activity on this site for year. Thoughts?
    8/10 - prems
    6/10 - reserves
    3/10 - div 2
    7/8 - u19s

Syd uni and unsw finished top 3 in prems, reserves and div 2.

I agree probably made it less interesting but I got to watch a lot more of the senior teams by playing before them home and away each week. Probably easier for the volunteers and physios on away games too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    Have to agree. Platinum, although I didn't see any footy, was described as similar to Div 5 when looking at ressies standard. And thought either Randwick or Town should've been the 8th team.

Lower grades, well, it is what it is. Saved my club from extinction again. Don't think we'll get a second team again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Have to agree. Platinum, although I didn't see any footy, was described as similar to Div 5 when looking at ressies standard. And thought either Randwick or Town should've been the 8th team.

Lower grades, well, it is what it is. Saved my club from extinction again. Don't think we'll get a second team again.
    Disagree with this. Having been involved in the Platinum Ressies competition, the standard was more akin to to the old Div 3 competition. Two standout teams being Mac Uni and Power.

I can see Randwick moving up into the Platinum Division to replace South West next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkers28 View Post
    Disagree with this. Having been involved in the Platinum Ressies competition, the standard was more akin to to the old Div 3 competition. Two standout teams being Mac Uni and Power.

I can see Randwick moving up into the Platinum Division to replace South West next season.
    As I said, only going off second hand knowledge. Happy to take your word on it.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkers28 View Post

So why are they replacing South West?

Almost Football Legend
    I think the AFL would love to bring an 8th team into Platinum and get rid of the bye. If Randwick wanted to go up, I'm sure they'd be welcomed into Platinum, and it wouldn't be at South-West's expense.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast