Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attend 11

Veteran Site Admin

Attend 11

I've just realised that in past years I've received an email by now reminding me to attend the last home game to achieve "Attend 11" for the season and be eligible for something. Has anyone else received such an email this year? Mine hasn't arrived yet, so was wondering if they've stopped doing this.

I do recall getting an email halfway through the season telling me I was still on track to attend 11 so thought it was still applicable to this season.

Yeah, I got an email earlier on telling me I was on track...
    All you get is a plastic wrist band.
    Wow.

Maybe a discount on next year's membership would be a better incentive.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I'm in the same boat as you liz, I received one email on May 3rd but nothing since then.

Senior Player
    Missed out by one game this year

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Missed out by one game this year
    Me too. Fortunately it was the one against GCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Me too. Fortunately it was the one against GCS.
    Speaking of which - Cats currently leading Suns (3rd quarter) by 80;points. How on earth did we lose to GWS???

Fortunately for my sanity I too missed that match .

Veteran Site Admin

Attend 11

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Speaking of which - Cats currently leading Suns (3rd quarter) by 80;points. How on earth did we lose to GWS???

Fortunately for my sanity I too missed that match .
    We didn't. We beat them twice...

———————

Comment by Meg:

Sorry, typo by me - I meant ‘How on earth did we lose to the GCS’

Hence my sanity comment.
    Last edited by Meg; 27th August 2018 at 03:37 PM.

Senior Player
    So it seems the culmination of the Attend 11 "initiative" was the ground announcement on Saturday night thanking everyone who
    made it to 11 games. I can't wait to be part of this exciting program again next year.

Didn't even get a stinky plastic wrist band.
    What a freakin joke.

I'd like a discount on my membership for next year for turning up this year, thanks Swans.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    It is kinda interesting just how lame the clubs recognition of member loyalty is? I'd almost welcome a letter from the club that said
    "Hey mate, we know you've been a member for the past 25 years and in that time you've paid for almost 100 member years
    by paying for three other memberships for your family and you are obviously a big fan of the team, and so we've
    decided to not insult you by inviting you to yet another of our half-assed "member recognition events" where you'll have to buy your own beer".
    Last edited by KTigers; 27th August 2018 at 11:29 AM.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Well, they've obviously been busy organising original 3 quarter time entertainment activities such as stealing the GWS sponsor's idea of kicking a football into [insert sponsor's product]

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Well, they've obviously been busy organising original 3 quarter time entertainment activities such as stealing the GWS sponsor's idea of kicking a football into [insert sponsor's product]
    That is another Match Day Experience Initiative formulated at a crisis meeting held by the clubs marketing department (the same
    department that came up with the groundbreaking Attend 11 concept) after a recent poll found that the GWS Match Day Experience
    approval rating was leading the Swans rating 51%-49% on a two club approved basis. Unfortunately there is a bit of communication
    mix up at the meeting and no one noticed that prize money on offer at the SCG was only a quarter of what is on offer at Spotless.
    This oversight caused the Swans MDE rating to fall even further behind the Giants and has pre-empted an extraordinary crisis
    meeting at the club where they will be working tirelessly throughout the night with Ticketek to ensure all the best seats to the
    Elimination Final against GWS on Saturday week go to "new fans" and "first-timers to AFL" in an attempt to push up the club's
    Match Day Experience approval rating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast