Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sam Murray under ASADA investigation

So cocaine i presume?

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley View Post
    So cocaine i presume?
    Yup!

Veterans List
    Just makes you wonder how many slipped through the net under the 3 strike rule and self reporting.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Just makes you wonder how many slipped through the net under the 3 strike rule and self reporting.
    No match day positive tests, one would think. This is a PED issue, not a recreational drugs issue.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    No match day positive tests, one would think. This is a PED issue, not a recreational drugs issue.
    +1 very stupid of him. He now faces a 4 year ban.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    +1 very stupid of him. He now faces a 4 year ban.
    I've only skimmed through the rules (the AFL's Anti-Doping Policy and the WADA list of substances) but from what I've read, two years sounds more likely than four if he is found guilty.

Four years is the base sanction if a player is found to have taken a "specified substance" or if they are found to have taken any prohibited substance and the relevant body can establish an intent to gain a performance enhancing benefit. Otherwise the base sanction is two years.

If the drug in question was cocaine, that is listed in the WADA rules as a non-specified substance, meaning he would have had to have taken it with an expectation of getting a performance enhancing benefit. If it comes to that, I presume it would come down to him (and others) establishing when he took it.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    But I still rue the loss of Teasdale, Mitchell, Rocca, Jolly, Young, Smith, Orchard, Picken (yes, I see the irony of those two), Hawke (and the reverse irony of him), Shane & Paul Morwood, Brereton - ok he wasn’t a loss, but we got him as a “marquee” recruit - and even Gerard Healy - & many others over the years. The difference to me is that, too often in the past, Collingwood pillaged promising or talented players when we were vulnerable.
    Yeah, but we gave them the BEST behind kicker in the business in Jessie. I'll always be happy about that.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Yeah, but we gave them the BEST behind kicker in the business in Jessie. I'll always be happy about that.
    Add to that Armstrong, Kinnear ... our recent trades are looking better (I’m not including Jolly as I don’t think it was all his decision)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123