Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big Broke Bad Barry

There is plenty Barry could do, bouncer, security, speaking circuit, traffic management, police, armed forces, ect, ect. Or he could just wait 12 months until all is forgiven then re apply, same as Gary Lyon.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    WE don't need to forgive him of anything.
    His wife needs to forgive him for the predicament that he's put his young family into.
    Yes we do, everyone deserves forgiveness (outside of rape, murder and pedophilia) unless you have already 'washed your hands of him' for one 'socially unacceptable' comment......and I would say his 'partner' already has as she knows the real Barry Hall.....we 'keyboard warriors' do not.

....and a little reminder of what he means to our club......minor faults and all.

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/...219?width=1024
    Last edited by stevoswan; 27th August 2018 at 02:01 PM.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Yes we do, everyone deserves forgiveness (outside of rape, murder and pedophilia) unless you have already 'washed your hands of him' for one 'socially unacceptable' comment......and I would say his 'partner' already has as she knows the real Barry Hall.....we 'keyboard warriors' do not.
    I think you're missing Annie's point. There is no need to "forgive" him because he did nothing that warranted forgiveness by any member of the public. Whatever we individually thought about the comment, it had no impact on anyone. (I find it impossible to believe that anyone is still sitting in a corner feeling "offended" by what he said.)

OMG you are so holier than thou.
    No... not everyone deserves forgiveness at all.

The only reason he was premiership captain is because the cards happened to fall in place that year for him.
    I believe we were rotating captains regularly that year.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think you're missing Annie's point. There is no need to "forgive" him because he did nothing that warranted forgiveness by any member of the public. Whatever we individually thought about the comment, it had no impact on anyone. (I find it impossible to believe that anyone is still sitting in a corner feeling "offended" by what he said.)
    I may well have....I think you have put it in a better perspective....and I agree entirely with your last assertion.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    There is plenty Barry could do, bouncer, security, speaking circuit, traffic management, police, armed forces, ect, ect. Or he could just wait 12 months until all is forgiven then re apply, same as Gary Lyon.
    Yes, standard AFL procedure. Do something bad, play the victim, wait it out, get back in.
    Lyon, Carey, Essendon, the list is endless.

Veterans List
    OK....I will.

Senior Player
    Just a thing re Barry H. Did the club actually fire him, or was there a mutual agreement that he would leave? I really can't remember
    the exact details, other than that his time at the Swans didn't end well.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Just a thing re Barry H. Did the club actually fire him, or was there a mutual agreement that he would leave? I really can't remember
    the exact details, other than that his time at the Swans didn't end well.
    I think it was one of those situations where the boss said, look, we'll just tell people that you resigned so it won't mess up your resume.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    He still does that. He had a gig in SA within a week of his gaff

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123