Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 23 Weekly/Rhyce Shaw Discussion Thread

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    You're safe now by the looks of it but I'd much rather GWS win and we play Melbourne.....we would more likely beat them. Far more important than your tipping comp!
    If GWS win, we'd play Geelong.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    GWS look terrible at the moment, but they have a whole heap of possible inclusions for the first week of the finals - Greene, Corr, Williams, Griffen, Deledio, de Boer - that would make their team significantly stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    GWS look terrible at the moment, but they have a whole heap of possible inclusions for the first week of the finals - Greene, Corr, Williams, Griffen, Deledio, de Boer - that would make their team significantly stronger.
    Exactly. They will be a different team when we meet them in a couple of weeks. I'm not real confident as we'll go in as heavy favorites after their crap performance today.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    If GWS win, we'd play Geelong.
    True.....and I'd rather play them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Yep no doubt those inclusions will make a big difference should they be fit. Much like dare I say it the Bulldogs - who were benefitted so much from the break in 2016. But maybe we will too - in terms of Buddy, Parker and Hanners at least getting fit. Buddy in particular surely will really benefit from 3 weeks off.

- - - Updated - - -

You're safe now by the looks of it but I'd much rather GWS win and we play Melbourne.....we would more likely beat them. Far more important than your tipping comp!
    Indeed, indeed! But it is carrying a pot of almost $250 this year, so no small change (will pay for week 1 of finals if nothing else!) hehehe
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Indeed, indeed! But it is carrying a pot of almost $250 this year, so no small change (will pay for week 1 of finals if nothing else!) hehehe
    Well done.....

Well done.....
    Not a gimme yet! While I took North, one of the other two rolled the dice and took St Kilda. If St Kilda were to win it, I would finish 2nd on margin by just 15 points difference (over the entire season that is less than a point a week!). Hopefully Norf can pull their finger out and stop this mini St Kilda fightback in the 3rd and do it relatively comfortably...
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Yep no doubt those inclusions will make a big difference should they be fit. Much like dare I say it the Bulldogs - who were benefitted so much from the break in 2016. But maybe we will too - in terms of Buddy, Parker and Hanners at least getting fit. Buddy in particular surely will really benefit from 3 weeks off.

- - - Updated - - -

So, when your Hawks colleague mentions their win, are you planning on idly flicking through the $250?

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    So, when your Hawks colleague mentions their win, are you planning on idly flicking through the $250?
    Hahaha maybe :P

He is a nice guy (though like many a Hawks fan arrogant as all hell about footy during the three peat), but no doubt he will rib me about the game.

If only I had of had a lazy $10 on my tips for the last two weeks - not a bad finish to tip 2 perfect rounds to finish the season! I haven't won the work tipping comp for about 5 years, so will have to celebrate a little bit hehe Its the cats fan that will finish 3rd that I'll give more grief to - he is utterly painful about footy (he is one of those people that feels if you aren't Victorian you can't possibly understand footy), so I will give him a bit tomorrow!

Veterans List
    Not a gimme yet! While I took North, one of the other two rolled the dice and took St Kilda. If St Kilda were to win it, I would finish 2nd on margin by just 15 points difference (over the entire season that is less than a point a week!). Hopefully Norf can pull their finger out and stop this mini St Kilda fightback in the 3rd and do it relatively comfortably...
    Start counting.....Norf are safe.

Senior Player
    True.....and I'd rather play them as well.
    Notice we play GWS next Saturday at 435pm. Worked ok last time.

Start counting.....Norf are safe.
    They got it done, but for a little bit in the 2nd half I feared the worst

I'm even leading the RWO tipping competition now - can't ever remember even finishing top 10 or 20 in it! Still finals to screw that one all up and Danzar is right on my tail

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast