Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 23 Weekly/Rhyce Shaw Discussion Thread

Veterans List

#AFL Round 23 Weekly/Rhyce Shaw Discussion Thread

We need to win tomorrow night! Tonight's game (Port v Dons) may be entertaining, our game will be and the only other game of note from this round would be Dees v Giants. The rest are nothing games.....

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Suggestions at the Hun that Rhyce Shaw is about to leave to join North Melbourne. I really really hope not. It would be a tragedy if he left!
    In regard to the above post by markwebbos yesterday from the 'List Management' thread, I read a small article in the Hun today stating it is official that Rhyce Shaw has accepted the position of defensive coach at North Melbourne and that really irks me. I thought he was a future Swans senior coach in the making.......why leave? It's my guess his ideas were being ignored in the coaches box and he thought 'why bother?!' That's a reach I know but it's all I can think that makes sense.....because I thought he loved the Swans as a club and saw his future here. Oh well, good luck to him, he's been great for us over many years and will be missed.

Have a great weekend everyone. Go Swans!!

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    We need to win tomorrow night! Tonight's game (Port v Dons) may be entertaining, our game will be and the only other game of note from this round would be Dees v Giants. The rest are nothing games.....

In regard to the above post by markwebbos yesterday from the 'List Management' thread, I read a small article in the Hun today stating it is official that Rhyce Shaw has accepted the position of defensive coach at North Melbourne and that really irks me. I thought he was a future Swans senior coach in the making.......why leave? It's my guess his ideas were being ignored in the coaches box and he thought 'why bother?!' That's a reach I know but it's all I can think that makes sense.....because I thought he loved the Swans as a club and saw his future here. Oh well, good luck to him, he's been great for us over many years and will be missed.

Have a great weekend everyone. Go Swans!!
    Hopefully he’s doing a Brett Kirk & he’ll be home soon

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    I hope so too.....

Although Kirky was only ever a Swan and wanted to get broader experience. Shaw was steeped in Collingwood culture. Its a pretty mercenary world out there in coach land.

I wondered if Shaw wanted to go back to his hometown? Family, kids etc? I had the impression he loved being at the Swans and I'm not convinced his new role is a step up, more of a step sideways to a less successful club.

The other possibility (unlikely but not impossible) is that he was encouraged to find a new job elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    It never hurts to get experience at another club.

Regular in the Side
    I agree some more experience at other clubs will be beneficial when Rhyce return as Head Coach. After Dew's departure, we have not appointed a SENIOR assistant. Will we have one next year? Another afterthought --- Doing the team thing for McVeigh?

Veterans List
    Freo giving Collingwood a run for their money at the moment.....doubt they can keep it up though.

Dogs nearly caused an upset over Tigers this afternoon.....only three points in the end. Free kicks 20-10 in the Fairypups favour.

Cats in another percentage booster v Suns.....hope things turn around for Dew's boys next season. If they're going to exist at all, I'd rather them be at least competitive, just not against us!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Freo giving Collingwood a run for their money at the moment.....doubt they can keep it up though.
    Well, at three quarter time it's level.....Go Dockers! An unlikely win to them and resulting percentages from this and our game tonight could have ramifications for 3rd, 4th and 5th on the ladder. Collingwood could possibly end up fifth if they lose and we have a close win tonight and even sixth if the Giants win tomorrow. Eddie's head would explode!

Veterans List
    Collingwood 5 points up now. They seem to have the momentum.

Come on Melbourne - equal top in the footy tipping at work. I have gone Melbourne, other two people I am equal with have gone GWS. I'm hopeful GWS take it easy knowing they'll play in Sydney in Week 1 either way hehe. I will have come from 4 points down with 3 rounds to go to snatch it at the death. Fingers crossed (especially as the two people I am level with - 1 is a Dawks fan and one is a obnoxious Cats fan!)
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Come on Melbourne - equal top in the footy tipping at work. I have gone Melbourne, other two people I am equal with have gone GWS. I'm hopeful GWS take it easy knowing they'll play in Sydney in Week 1 either way hehe. I will have come from 4 points down with 3 rounds to go to snatch it at the death. Fingers crossed (especially as the two people I am level with - 1 is a Dawks fan and one is a obnoxious Cats fan!)
    You're safe now by the looks of it but I'd much rather GWS win and we play Melbourne.....we would more likely beat them. Far more important than your tipping comp!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast