Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Finals Week 1 - v GWS, SCG, 8 September 2018, 4.20pm

I'm as nervous as hell playing GW$.
    They'll have big comebacks... after two weeks of resting, hopefully we'll have big comebacks too, but it doesn't make me any less nervous.

As for the poos and wees in the granny against Richmond... why aren't we in with a chance. All we need to do is win every game between now and then. "Eek!"
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Warming the Bench
    GWS could have some players back in. The AFL website listed Toby Greene, Brett Deledio, Ryan Griffin, Aidan Corr. Princess Toby is a good player but has shown to be injury prone this year. Deledio used to be a good player but he's very injury prone now (IMO he's cooked)

We have Buddy and Parker coming back in which is a big plus. Dan Hannebery got injured against the hawks. Will he recover in time to play against GWS?

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I can understand if it were your own wedding. Okay then, there would be some debate as to whether you should go to the game or the wedding. But it's only a niece. Just tell her you'll go to her next wedding.
    Thanks Ludwig for your prophetic words - I was thinking along the same lines. She's getting married to an ambitious lawyer from Sydney's North Shore 'Social Classes'. 20 years of marriage, a couple of kids, 5 investment properties, a truckload of share options. One day she wakes up to realise she's tired of being a parvenu - gets divorced, takes him for half, moves to the Blue Mountains and marries her Yoga teacher.

Sorry Mods - a bit off topic I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    GWS could have some players back in. The AFL website listed Toby Greene, Brett Deledio, Ryan Griffin, Aidan Corr. Princess Toby is a good player but has shown to be injury prone this year. Deledio used to be a good player but he's very injury prone now (IMO he's cooked)
    Deludio is a list clogger. Makes little difference if he plays or not.

Greene and Griffen will be handy ins for them though. Corr too.

Will be a totally different line up compared to 2 weeks ago.

2 weeks ago Kelly was missing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    2 weeks ago Kelly was missing too.
    This will be the biggest difference imho - he is their barometer in many ways (along with greene). When he plays well they play well.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Deludio is a list clogger. Makes little difference if he plays or not.

Greene and Griffen will be handy ins for them though. Corr too.

Will be a totally different line up compared to 2 weeks ago.
    Deludio: the mistaken belief, that a number one draft pick, will soon see your club win a premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    My prediction through finals.
    GWS in Sydney. Winnable with all their injuries.
    WC in Perth. Easy win. Gaff and nic nat are big loses. Out in straight sets.
    Hawthorn at MCG . Yes, they upset tigers, but up and down form gets to them. Win.
    Pies grand final.
    Change of heart, after saying that the winner won't progress too far?

Your predictions aren't too bad though. A lot of 50/50 games this year, mean that lots of teams are in with a chance of making the GF. I think Richmond are going to win the whole show handily though, unless they catch up on a whole season's worth of injuries in the first two weeks of finals.

If Richmond are to win the GF , that will be their 24th consecutive win at the G !

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    If Richmond are to win the GF , that will be their 24th consecutive win at the G !
    Would still be chasing Winx though!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Not necessarily. They could lose to Hawthorn, win their next (at the G) and then have to travel west for their prelim.

Thanks for reminding me.
    Sooo, Tigers into Winx multi : $3.15 ($2.25 x $1.40).

Sure a thing as you could get?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast