Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Finals Week 1 - v GWS, SCG, 8 September 2018, 4.20pm

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    If Richmond are to win the GF , that will be their 24th consecutive win at the G !
    This reminds me of playing Geelong at Simonds Stadium and they had shirts printed before the game saying congrats on 30 home game wins in a row (or words to that).. I really enjoyed the result. I believe Rohan kicked a great running goal that day.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Not necessarily. They could lose to Hawthorn, win their next (at the G) and then have to travel west for their prelim.
    Of course, I should have said if they proceed undefeated to the Granny and prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    This reminds me of playing Geelong at Simonds Stadium and they had shirts printed before the game saying congrats on 30 home game wins in a row (or words to that).. I really enjoyed the result. I believe Rohan kicked a great running goal that day.
    One of the best ever

Geelong Cats v Sydney Swans - Highlights - AFL Round 23 2011 - Kardinia Park - YouTube

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    Yep, and half of them have never been to an away game.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Both teams not exactly bring a rich vein of form into this contest.

I'll be there as it's a marquee game for the city, even though it should be at ANZ, but I don't think the winner will progress far after this.
    The winner will probably play Collingwood, who haven't impressed. To be honest the gulf between Richmond and the rest is great - you could throw a tissue over the rest. Geelong came 8th and are probably most likely at this stage with Harry Taylor coming back, Hawkins in form and Dangerfield stepping up. Very good midfield.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

This week off before the finals bull@@@@ has to stop.
    If I'm losing momentum... so are the team!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    This week off before the finals bull@@@@ has to stop.
    If I'm losing momentum... so are the team!!
    Don't worry, sister- I've got you covered with highlights to bide your time!

I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List
    Channel 9 Footy Show this morning previewed 3 finals. Guess which one they missed. One question was asked; "will Franklin play"?

Its not like any Melbourne teams are involved

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    The Tigers avoiding a Granny hangover and sustaining their elite and tsunami form through 2018 is really impressive, albeit annoying.

Who could possibly knock em off.
    Especially when you compare it to the hopeless efforts of the Dogs. Tiges deserve plenty of plaudits, the stars have managed to keep a very high degree of performance up over the two seasons, and their team structure, strategy and effort remain competition leading.

Looks like it would take a tragic bus accident on the way to the G for them to lose from here.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Both teams not exactly bring a rich vein of form into this contest.

I'll be there as it's a marquee game for the city, even though it should be at ANZ, but I don't think the winner will progress far after this.
    In our last 4 weeks, we beat third, fifth and seventh and ran 4th within a goal with two of our best players missing. How exactly is that poor form?

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Don't worry, sister- I've got you covered with highlights to bide your time!
    DON'T TOUCH ME!!!
    I hate this song so much that my friends all touch me at the touching me touching you bit.
    I've taken to stepping a few more steps out of their reach.
    Thanks Stell. It's in my head now, and I can't get it out.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast