Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Finals Week 1 - v GWS, SCG, 8 September 2018, 4.20pm

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Finals Week 1 - v GWS, SCG, 8 September 2018, 4.20pm

Got my tickets this morning.

Wish we didn't have to have a week off... but it's probably a good thing in order to get as many fit bodies on the track as possible.

Hurry up 8 September!!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Both teams not exactly bring a rich vein of form into this contest.

I'll be there as it's a marquee game for the city, even though it should be at ANZ, but I don't think the winner will progress far after this.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

I'll be there as it's a marquee game for the city, even though it should be at ANZ, but I don't think the winner will progress far after this.
    Ummmmmm... it's an elimination final. The winner progresses.
    We won the right to play it as the SCG.
    You're the only person in the whole world that wishes that the footy was played at ANZ... do you live across the road, or something?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

The winner will probably play Collingwood, who haven't impressed. To be honest the gulf between Richmond and the rest is great - you could throw a tissue over the rest. Geelong came 8th and are probably most likely at this stage with Harry Taylor coming back, Hawkins in form and Dangerfield stepping up. Very good midfield.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Veterans List

In our last 4 weeks, we beat third, fifth and seventh and ran 4th within a goal with two of our best players missing. How exactly is that poor form?

Why don’t you go and sit by yourself at ANZ with your transistor Barry!
    Your gonna love it and it’s not that we don’t want you with us .

What sort of person would post that, and what sort of person would "like" it. Are we no better than the liberal party ?

What sort of person would post that, and what sort of person would "like" it. Are we no better than the liberal party ?
    Barry, Barry, Barry!!!
    We haven't played at ANZ for TWO years mate.
    We know you love the place, but really, you should get over the fact that we are NOT going to play there again.
    The club have signed a 250 year deal with the SCG that ALL of our home games and qualifying finals will be played at the SCG.
    You're like a two year old stamping your foot and holding your breath waiting for the swans to go back.
    Not. Gunna. Happen. Mate.
    xxx

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Barry, Barry, Barry!!!
    We haven't played at ANZ for TWO years mate.
    We know you love the place, but really, you should get over the fact that we are NOT going to play there again.
    The club have signed a 250 year deal with the SCG that ALL of our home games and qualifying finals will be played at the SCG.
    You're like a two year old stamping your foot and holding your breath waiting for the swans to go back.
    Not. Gunna. Happen. Mate.
    xxx
    I was refering to the nasty directive that I should sit there by myself.

I was refering to the nasty directive that I should sit there by myself.
    Well, sweetheart, if you're counting on us playing at ANZ, you WILL be the only person sitting there.
    Oh wait... maybe the NRL people will be there too.
    They have first dibs.

Warming the Bench
    My niece decided to get married recently and she picked 8 September at 4.00 pm. The wedding is at Port Stephens.

In my acceptance I wrote something along the lines of 'I hope I don't miss the Swans first final game'

Swans v GWS - twilight game 8 Sept - i will miss the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    My niece decided to get married recently and she picked 8 September at 4.00 pm. The wedding is at Port Stephens.

In my acceptance I wrote something along the lines of 'I hope I don't miss the Swans first final game'

Swans v GWS - twilight game 8 Sept - i will miss the whole game.
    I had to go to a wedding mid-season which I couldn't get out of and missed the Fweo game. I was spewing.
    I imagine you're quietly spewing as well.
    I'm feeling your pain.
    Take a transistor with you!!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast