Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Team changes 1st elimination final v GWS

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I won't be surprised if Dawson loses his spot but I'd love him to stay in the team. He wasn't great against the Hawks but I think he suffered from the same blight as Aliir - a couple of early mistakes lead him to stop attacking the ball.

Even with Buddy back, we are still low on marking targets in our forward line and he genuinely offers that. His field kicking has also been quite good. He clearly doesn't yet get much of the ball but he's shown he can be prolific at NEAFL level so I expect him to progress quickly at senior level once he gets his confidence up.
    I believe he only played 58 minutes and I am guessing he was the 2nd ruck

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Not entirely true. Just no NEAFL for the Swans (or Giants).
    Aarrrgggh! OK
    Unlikely the Swans and Giants will play an NEAFL friendly either the week before a real final.
    I still see Reid thrown in to the mix, after the Xavier Richards GF experiment I bet they wished Reid had played

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I'd bring Reid in without a NEAFL game. Even underdone, he would offer more than Newman or mccartin is at the moment.
    That's a bit harsh on McCartin, who was very good in the second quarter, but I think struggles to play 4 quarters. (Which is understandable given his age).

Like others, I can't see Hannebery being dropped although the end of the season can't come soon enough for him I think. I expect him to be ok next year, but he needs a break to get his body right and back in shape.

I also don't think they will make mass changes - there just aren't that many options that are clearly better. So the only "ins" will be Parker & Franklin. I expect Fox to go out and either Robinson or Newman. Both of those last two have been...ok, in the past two weeks, but Newman in particular was poor on Saturday, so maybe he will be the one to go.

I don't mind Aliir's disposal, but he is just so fumbly, particularly when the ball is on the ground. No wonder Rampe has baby giraffes on his brain - he plays next to one every week! If Mills were fit I'd swap them in a minute, but I guess we have to persist and hope he gets back to his best.

Veterans List
    I wouldn't mind betting Rohan comes back in, the coaches seem to love him and his stats in the two's were, by his standards, excellent. 18 disposals, 9 tackles, 2 goals IIRC. I'd go Rohan for Hanners at the moment but as others have stated, Hanners most likely won't be dropped.

When Hanners gets the ball. I kind of feel like I used to (and sometimes still do) when Jones gets the ball.
    Jones has a lot more upside than Hanners does.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

IMHO the team selection needs to take account of the opposition composition. I thought Robinson was the 'run with' on Whitfield and did a very good job. I don't think there is another option, so he stays.

If Wilson is back, then almost another 'stopper' would be useful, so maybe Newman gets that task and moves to that back half role.

That means Fox is replaced by Buddy, and Dawson by Parker.

If Hannebery is injured, then Dawson stays, and that wouldn't be a bad thing

Regular in the Side
    Wilson now plays for Fremantle so doubt he will be back. Maybe you mean Williams.

Cunningham did a great job on Smith on Saturday and Ronke appeared to be playing a defensive role too.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Cunningham did a great job on Smith on Saturday and Ronke appeared to be playing a defensive role too.
    I'm a long time fan of Harry C and I won't be surprised if he polls well in the Club Championship.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    ... I don't mind Aliir's disposal, but he is just so fumbly, particularly when the ball is on the ground. ...
    Prior to last week his marks and ground ball pick-ups were great. He just had a bad game against the Dawks.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

I think AA has always tended to be a bit fumbly and dropped marks but it hasn’t impacted the game like it did v Hawks.

Teams are trying to exploit allirs weaknesses. Both giants (2nd half) and hawks in two games. Hence his confidence hit.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast