Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Finals Week 2 - September 1-2

That is great. Though they were up 37 to 26 at 3/4 time so had every chance to win it.

How late were they coming out?

- - - Updated - - -

Camden out in straight sets in div 2. Surely they realise they don't have their club umpire come finals and might be worth getting some experience playing games without cheating?

Where was the ground manager to inform them that the game was about to restart? Isn’t that their job?

Manly lose at the end. How'd Richards play?

Re the women's game, Power were very late coming out. There was a 5 minute siren, a 2 minute siren and 2 1 minute sirens and a delay before they balled it up. All clubs were told during the season "umpires have been instructed to commence play if a team/s fail to take the field on time, even if it occurs in the last game scheduled at a venue" If it were some ground with poor sirens, there may be a case, but the one at BISP is not one of them. I was in the change rooms during the day and clearly heard every one.....And I am half deaf.

Women’s one a crack up but the determined game time changes and rules to all clubs we pretty black and white.

Manly seem to of lost albeit no
    Scores or nothing on site at 11.11pm

Did Xavier kick the winner it seemed like one heck of a comeback manly would of surely thought they would of been home

Warming the Bench
    I've watched football for a long time and I've never seen that happen before. Extraordinary indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    Extraordinary scenes in the Womens Premier Division today.
    Southern Power were late coming out after half time. The umpire was sick of waiting for them and bounced the ball; and Auburn-Penrith kicked an uncontested goal as the Power were finally running back on.
    And that turned out to be the difference as Auburn-Penrith won by a kick.

So did Manly lose the Prems game?
    Cant believe none of the official AFL media have been updated with scores.
    What happened in the last quarter, Manly were well in front at ¾ time?

Quote Originally Posted by Pmcc2911 View Post
    Where's THE STUDENT when you need him ?

Quote Originally Posted by mountainsofpain View Post
    I've watched football for a long time and I've never seen that happen before. Extraordinary indeed.
    One of my earliest memories of footy was at Ashley Brown Oval in Lalor Park. We (Seven Hills) were playing Westbrook and their coach was reading them the riot act, U11s mind you. The umpire was patient enough but once we took our positions, he balled it up and we grabbed the pill and ran the length of the ground into an open goal while their players all legged it into position......sadly for us, we ran towards their goal. They got the ball back after our kick-in, kicked a goal and about a thousand more to win by about 30 goals.....character building indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pmcc2911 View Post
    Clubs get fined for submitting scores after 7 PM on match days

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    One of my earliest memories of footy was at Ashley Brown Oval in Lalor Park. We (Seven Hills) were playing Westbrook and their coach was reading them the riot act, U11s mind you. The umpire was patient enough but once we took our positions, he balled it up and we grabbed the pill and ran the length of the ground into an open goal while their players all legged it into position......sadly for us, we ran towards their goal. They got the ball back after our kick-in, kicked a goal and about a thousand more to win by about 30 goals.....character building indeed.
    That's tough enough for anyone to deal with....damaging for an U11.
    If I wasn't in denial then I would probably find some "explanations" by digging up the past like that !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Clubs get fined for submitting scores after 7 PM on match days
    Just gone up - you must have put the frighteners up 'em.
    No goals to "X" and not a better player.
    Must have been quite a last quarter !

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    That is great. Though they were up 37 to 26 at 3/4 time so had every chance to win it.

How late were they coming out?

- - - Updated - - -

Camden out in straight sets in div 2. Surely they realise they don't have their club umpire come finals and might be worth getting some experience playing games without cheating?
    This actually made me chuckle. Are you referring to Wrighty or Warren? Neither could lie straight in bed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    That's tough enough for anyone to deal with....damaging for an U11.
    If I wasn't in denial then I would probably find some "explanations" by digging up the past like that !

- - - Updated - - -
    My memories of junior footy are few and far between - playing in front of 30 odd thousand at the SCG as a 5 or 6 year old during the Swans golden run; foggy morning playing against Blacktown Kangaroos at Whalan; my first trip to Bensons and seeing the excavator bucket full of ice; and knocking off Penriff at Hornsby in the U15s Northside GF. All else is pretty much a blur, 300 odd games I cannot recall.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast