Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Finals Week 2 - September 1-2

Sounds like a new thread, "Distant memories of junior games"

Quote Originally Posted by Pmcc2911 View Post
    Sounds like a new thread, "Distant memories of junior games"
    So so long ago.

Your turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    This actually made me chuckle. Are you referring to Wrighty or Warren? Neither could lie straight in bed.
    See I'm not all bad.

No idea who it is. I remember in 2016 him overruling our ump on every decision and when a supporter on the hill called him a cheat he stopped the game and refused to continue until he was removed from the ground.

This year I counted every free he paid out loud. He got into me at half time at 16-0. "I do not like the insinuation you are making". "I'm not making any insinuation, if you want to take a 16-0 free kick count as you cheating that is on you." He was better in the second half, it only ended up 23-0.

Almost Football Legend

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Pushing for Selection
    X 'useful' as a rebounding defender in the last Q, having been moved back after an ineffective first half up forward - as Students looked for ways to change things round.

So so long ago.

Your turn.
    `Playing two years of U17's for Bankstown Sports and not winning a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pmcc2911 View Post
    `Playing two years of U17's for Bankstown Sports and not winning a game.
    Cathartic innit.

Cathartic innit.
    After managing junior teams for a couple of years I have an appreciation of what coaches and managers go through every week just to get teams on the ground. As a 17yo player you never give it a thought, you just turned up and played.

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    That's tough enough for anyone to deal with....damaging for an U11.
    If I wasn't in denial then I would probably find some "explanations" by digging up the past like that !

- - - Updated - - -

Just gone up - you must have put the frighteners up 'em.
    No goals to "X" and not a better player.
    Must have been quite a last quarter !
    Justa - no idea about the game Justa, don't watch them often but as I think you and I are about the only ones who follow any NEAFL on here as FYI as far as I can tell Richards hadn't played at any level for about 12 weeks - hammy issues apparently - so he probably had to play this game to be any chance of being selected if SU went further in NEAFL, - experts on here will know the rules I don't. SU had a shocking run with injury this year - Aspley has everyone back so I hope they do well if Swans don't win - solid club. As it is SU are out so end of story on X. But we still get to see Brandon Jack again possibly if you get to the GF, who I have been told is running around for Bulldogs late in the year and now in finals. As you probably know Bombers and Bulldogs would have as many or more (certainly better) NEAFL listed, NEAFL top ups or ex-NEAFL/SANFL in their sides than SU, Penno and SU and Bombers had plenty last year, i.e talent. On ex-swans generally I used to love seeing Troy Luff running around dominating for years at I think Balmain and Bulldogs, even Creswell, Paul Bevan, Saddington, others, hopefully we see more not less of them - AND in my lifetime hopefully they all play straight away in Sydney AFL which is good enough so that there is no NEAFL or similar.

well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    Extraordinary scenes in the Womens Premier Division today.
    Southern Power were late coming out after half time. The umpire was sick of waiting for them and bounced the ball; and Auburn-Penrith kicked an uncontested goal as the Power were finally running back on.
    And that turned out to be the difference as Auburn-Penrith won by a kick.
    Umpires got sacked ? - Decision to do a bounce was not in the rules of our game. Decision of game no change. Bad luck Power

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123