Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buddy All Australian Captain

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    mark robinson doesn't like it
    So, I don't like Mark Robinson, often appears half pissed on 360!

Veterans List
    Can't believe all the whinging about Buddy being named captain after Rance was last year.

I was surprised reading that Buddy isn't in our leadership group. I thought he was.

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    mark robinson doesn't like it
    In my opinion, that would generally confirm it as a good decision.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Agree with this 100%. Can't believe how worked up people get over it. Have a look at the people who pick the team! Just another media award.

Having said that, I love Buddy so happy with any recognition he gets.
    The thing I find ironic is that Malcolm Blight said yesterday that Ben Brown should be in the side instead of Buddy as he has kicked more goals. Yeh right dipstick let's drop the best player in the last 20 years to the 2nds. Enjoy your captains cry Buddy! " kick it to me".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Buddy 5th in MVP Awardy

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Can't believe all the whinging about Buddy being named captain after Rance was last year.

I was surprised reading that Buddy isn't in our leadership group. I thought he was.
    Me too.
    Why he isn't is a bit confusing.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    This is a great photo, taken after Buddy's "kick it to me" comment......

Buddy AA captain.....kick it to me..jpg

Great reactions.....

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    It was the interview he and the other Hawthorne Princess Jaeger O’Meara did prior to the firs5 game against hawks this year. he was nothing short of petulant - had a massive dig at the Swans saying he didn’t agree with the selection process etc felt he deserved better - such entitlement!! The thing is I never thought that he ever really put in for us. And his heart certainly wasn’t with us in 2016. That’s why I don’t want him to get the Brownlow - I’d love it to be Max Gawn.
    Really? He was clearly one of our best in the GF.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    This is a great photo, taken after Buddy's "kick it to me" comment......

Buddy AA captain.....kick it to me..jpg

Great reactions.....
    Delighted for the Bud and just love this photo. Seriously, how lucky are we to get to watch this genius run around every second week? Will plonk our grandkids on our lap and bore them senseless with tales of his wizardry.

Ronke: I'd love to play under captain Buddy

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...31-p5010f.html

“Lance Franklin's selection as captain in the 2018 All-Australian side has come in for much criticism and debate, but one man who can't understand the reaction is Swans teammate Ben Ronke.”

“Young forward Ronke, who kicked seven goals in his third AFL game in round three against Hawthorn, told Fairfax Media that Franklin was a wonderful leader at the club despite not being in the official leadership group.”

"Absolutely [I would enjoy playing in a team that Franklin captained]," he said. "I think anyone would, I don't know how there is any conjecture around that to be honest.

"Just this year from my experience the effort that he puts in with the younger players around the club, and to see the enjoyment he gets out of the development of us younger players in the forward line and just experience that first hand. One hundred per cent you'd love to play under him as a captain."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123