Thread: Sam Naismith

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar

Sam Naismith

Sam Naismith has signed on for 3 years!

I don't like this. He may be good in the middle but he does little around the ground, rarely poses a threat in our forward line and is injury prone. Would be better to invest in Cameron

Big Cox will sort him out.
    We need to have ruckmen in stock (just to rotate them through injury!). Look what happened when Tipoff retired.
    We were pretty much left up ship creek with half a paddle.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Goes up to 11
    Good news.

But I can't see us retaining Cameron as a result. Hopefully if he goes he gets more opportunities elsewhere. Another Nankervis?

Senior Player
    I hope this was on minimum wage

I like Sam but he's an injury prone ruckman who's not suited to the modern game

Good tap ruckman, but most disposals in a game = 12, most marks in a game = 4

Edit: plus coming off a knee reco

I'm surprised by this. Don't really understand why you would sign him to a long term contract considering he is coming of a serious knee injury (my orthopaedic buddies tell me you are more likely to redo an ACL or the other one once you have had one - just look at AJ) and the way modern footy is going. An elite ruck needs to be able to play like another midfielder, not just tap. I actually say Grundy being used as an on baller last week with another pie rucking! I think Sinclair, Cameron and Amartey all have much more aerobic potential than big Sam and all 3 can push forward as well. He really has only shown himself to be good in the ruck and I still remember him getting smashed around the park by McEvoy and Zac Smith last year. I hope he proves me wrong and comes back a beast with a massive engine.

Hmmmm.... I also hope to be wrong on this one. 3 years is the shock.

Veterans List
    What do the coaching staff have in mind? Maybe they'd like to see how we go winning the ball out of the centre?

Expect it's around minimum wage so no damage cap wise. Think we'd all like to see Cameron make the step up, just looks awesome at NEAFL level, very modern ruckman, and displace Sinkers to FF/ruck back up.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    I don't like this. He may be good in the middle but he does little around the ground, rarely poses a threat in our forward line and is injury prone. Would be better to invest in Cameron
    I do like this.....he was very important for us throughout a GF year in 2016 and will serve us well again.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    I hope this was on minimum wage

I like Sam but he's an injury prone ruckman who's not suited to the modern game

Good tap ruckman, but most disposals in a game = 12, most marks in a game = 4

Edit: plus coming off a knee reco
    He's only played 28 games. He is still developing into role. Is he more injury prone than Reid, Rohan, Hannerberry?

A solid preseason and he could be well on his way.

What this does is gives us a chance to move Sinclair forward, where he can do some damage. I hope we can develop Cameron as well so we have solid ruck stocks for the future.
    sprite

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    What do the coaching staff have in mind? Maybe they'd like to see how we go winning the ball out of the centre?

Expect it's around minimum wage so no damage cap wise. Think we'd all like to see Cameron make the step up, just looks awesome at NEAFL level, very modern ruckman, and displace Sinkers to FF/ruck back up.
    Sporting news headline: Injury riddled ruckman signs three year deal. Great!, Now we areinbig danger of losing Cameron! Did they not learn their lesson from Nankervis ? We were just lucky Sinclair stepped up.Maybe one year deal would have been better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk