Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2005 Grand Final revisited

Great memories. I was at the slug and lettuce in Fulham, London. It was about 5 am and the pub was packed full of passionate swans and eagles fans. My mate from Manchester couldn't believe there were no fights. Very proud of our sport and how we can mingle peacefully, unlike the English premier league.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Posters View Post
    Great memories. I was at the slug and lettuce in Fulham, London. It was about 5 am and the pub was packed full of passionate swans and eagles fans. My mate from Manchester couldn't believe there were no fights. Very proud of our sport and how we can mingle peacefully, unlike the English premier league.
    My ex-wife is English and a big soccer fan. She came over to Australia app. 30 years ago. She couldn't believe that supporters of opposing AFL teams would sit next to each other at games, travel to the game on the same train, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    My ex-wife is English and a big soccer fan. She came over to Australia app. 30 years ago. She couldn't believe that supporters of opposing AFL teams would sit next to each other at games, travel to the game on the same train, etc.
    It still amazes me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12