Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elimination Final Umpires

Regular in the Side

Elimination Final Umpires

I have just seen that the AFL are looking after us (NOT) by appointing Stevic and Margetts to our match with GWS. Third umpire is Williamson who I don't know much about but I am sure our friend Stevic will fill him in on the score.

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    I have just seen that the AFL are looking after us (NOT) by appointing Stevic and Margetts to our match with GWS. Third umpire is Williamson who I don't know much about but I am sure our friend Stevic will fill him in on the score.
    Great.... Hawks saving Stevic up for when they need him later on in the finals series.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

It's strange how in the 2016 GF, he delivered a performance, that was officially 'not up to the standard required'; yet that hasn't stopped him from being appointed to officiate finals.
    Margetts has caned us in the past, as well. But that is usually in Perth, so he may be okay.

I'm thrilled that Stevic and Margetts were chosen for our game. Now, instead of being all nervous waiting for the game to start, we can begin drafting our post match excuses for why we lost.

It will relax the players as well knowing the result of the match before the first bounce of the ball. Longmire can take the family out for a picnic. Hanners can spend the day trying to pronounce "Richo."

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I'm thrilled that Stevic and Margetts were chosen for our game. Now, instead of being all nervous waiting for the game to start, we can begin drafting our post match excuses for why we lost.

It will relax the players as well knowing the result of the match before the first bounce of the ball. Longmire can take the family out for a picnic. Hanners can spend the day trying to pronounce "Richo."
    Ludwig beat me to it. Pressure completely off now will be able to relax knowing the result ahead of time.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    It's strange how in the 2016 GF, he delivered a performance, that was officially 'not up to the standard required'; yet that hasn't stopped him from being appointed to officiate finals.
    Margetts has caned us in the past, as well. But that is usually in Perth, so he may be okay.
    The not up to standard comment was for Scott Jeffrey. It was his first and LAST grand final! I don't think I've seen him umpire this year.

Stevic always worries me though 😞.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Hanners can spend the day trying to pronounce "Richo."
    Or painting some black on his Swans jumpers so he doesn’t have to get new ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    The not up to standard comment was for Scott Jeffrey. It was his first and LAST grand final! I don't think I've seen him umpire this year.

Stevic always worries me though 😞.
    I'm reminded of the recent incident, where the young Sky producer was dismissed, because she wrote in captions, what the on-air talking heads were saying.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post

Stevic always worries me though .
    Stevic kicks into action when we play a Victorian side, so I would not worry too much!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Have we ever lost a free kick count to GWS? They've been pretty thuggish from their inception, and I dont think we've ever had much to complain about umpiring wise in the games we have lost.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Stevic kicks into action when we play a Victorian side, so I would not worry too much!
    This isn't a Victorian side, it's a side owned by the VFL!

And the other ump,who no one has heard of, is the AFL work experience kid. As soon as I saw UMPIRE NO 9 listen my heart sank. I never thought I’d say it but I actually miss Darren Goldspink!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast