Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elimination Final Umpires

Senior Player
    Umpires do the best they can in tough conditions. I recall most people here had it in for Darren Goldspink , yet we won each game in the 2005 finals series when he was on the field - and lost one when he wasn't. This umpire-knocking is culturally analagous to the stereotype of the British moaning about the weather. And just as tedious.

I like Razor Ray for his theatrics and most of his umpiring decisions.
    Can't understand all the complaining from the commentators about him talking to the players.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Can't understand all the complaining from the commentators about him talking to the players.
    He's a good ump but he's there to umpire not lecture or buddy up to the players.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    He's a good ump but he's there to umpire not lecture or buddy up to the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    I agree he's there to umpire first and foremost, but we don't want to take the players personality away from them and have robots as players and Ray has a very strong personality which sometimes comes to the forefront of his umpiring.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Stevic kicks into action when we play a Victorian side, so I would not worry too much!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Stevic won't know which team to punish on Saturday....
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player

Quote Originally Posted by Swansinger View Post
    Umpires do the best they can in tough conditions. I recall most people here had it in for Darren Goldspink , yet we won each game in the 2005 finals series when he was on the field - and lost one when he wasn't. This umpire-knocking is culturally analagous to the stereotype of the British moaning about the weather. And just as tedious.
    I get your point Swansinger - but for mine Stevic is an exception. Time and time again we have been utterly stuffed over when he has umpired us - he tried his best to do a hatchet job in the 2012 Grand Final, contributed to the successful hatchet job in 2016, and has made some utterly baffling calls many a time when umpiring his beloved Hawks.... it hasn't been just us that has suffered at the hands of the #1 ticket holder.

I'm not worried about Saturday as it is a game that doesn't involve Hawthorn or another Melbourne team. But he is a very poor umpire imho.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Stevic kicks into action when we play a Victorian side, so I would not worry too much!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    +1

Umpires don't like GWS either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12