Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Departures

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Hannebery has now also 'officially' requested a trade...Times are a changing at the Swans....

And IMO the head coach need to change his tactics and evolve with a new group...Or go the way of these others.
    Now being reported Nic Newman wants to leave.

Warming the Bench
    The Hannebery trade is out in the open now. A couple of months ago Dan's decline was news on the AFL website. He was the lowest ranked midfielder in the AFL in 2018 - a big fall off the cliff. St Kilda's heirachy will know this but a lot of their fans won't. IMO he's been bashed around too much and is cooked. The saints would be foolhardy to give up a high draft pick for him so I suspect the Swans will take a 3rd or 4th round just to facilitate the trade. The saints PR will tell us all that Dan is 1) former rising star, 2) premiership player 3) 3 times all Australian. I can imagine the saints fans will be very upset when they see Dan play like he did this year. Big Footy might make interesting reading. For Dan's sake I hope he can regain form and fitness but I can't see this happening.

Gary - sorry to see him go. He had so much promise and we all saw glimpses of it but he just couldn't impact the game this year. It's understandable considering the loss of his baby. Maybe a fresh start will do him good. He won't get much at the trade table but I think he has more upside than Dan.

Does anyone think Cam Ellis-Yolman would be a good fit at the Swans - a big bodied midfielder in the style of JPK.
    What about Andrew Gaff? The media says he wants to return to Melbourne - I think he would be a good fit at the Swans.

Not sure if I've mentioned this here before, but to me, the talk of what we will potentially receive for Hannebery is in the realm of dreams.
    That nobody here is really too upset to see him go speaks volumes.
    talk of a round 1 pick trade is fan talk, not club talk.
    I think the club would be happy with a 2nd round pick for him.
    He's no sure thing to be a solid contributor by any means, for a club picking him up.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Regular in the Side
    why not a first rounder. His current salary and projected salary for an additional year says we deserve a first rounder and I think he can get back to where he was

So I reckon you can be sorry to see them go but also understand and accept that it's probably the right move for both them and the club.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    why not a first rounder. His current salary and projected salary for an additional year says we deserve a first rounder and I think he can get back to where he was
    Salary means nothing.
    It's all based on ability and what he will bring to a club.
    A point of difference we have with him is leadership and experience which is desirable to some clubs.
    I hope I'm completely wrong, but I don't see a second round pick as unders, I see it as about right.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

I agree. We will be very unlikely to get a first rounder for him. Remember Mitchell went for No 14! Many more question marks over Hannebery than Mitchell in terms of age and body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234