Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Grand Finals - September 15-16

Tim knowing what an fine upstanding Hills citizen you are you may wish to revise your statement re fees not being paid. Unlike the club that you have been involved with. We never dissolved a business/trading name only to restart with the blessing of an interest free loan from the AFL. Our debts were paid in full. Go figure hey

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Tim knowing what an fine upstanding Hills citizen you are you may wish to revise your statement re fees not being paid. Unlike the club that you have been involved with. We never dissolved a business/trading name only to restart with the blessing of an interest free loan from the AFL. Our debts were paid in full. Go figure hey
    I would trust Tim’s views a bit more seriously than yours, he has been around for a while and speaks with more poise and dignity than yourself

The affiliation issues was many years back but was widely known and it was even leaked from people within the league at the time.

Not sure on the name part you are going on about, a name change???? Club never wound up, abn always the same... it was like going from st George dragons to st George crows and back to st George dragons. If you keep the abn a name change doesn’t matter to ato or fair trading. There was no wind up or strike offs if you did your research.

I would worry about your own back yard. Your 5 year plan didn’t work, it was over 8 years as well and the old coach is shopping and planning to take your players like the pied piper😂 just unsure how many would follow. Your exiting president is a good bloke i fear for his legacy if it is people like yourself going to drive your club there will be a world of hurt.

What is also rumour too that the club is trying to get the Wollongong saints to be st George dragons ? Develope a woman’s team from locals .... Wollongong isn’t a local team!

You seem to re hash and have a crack all the time... tomorrow is the gf day it is battle of the unis and let’s hope some great games of football to end the season, congrats to all teams who made the big dance in a great season where the comp was pretty even for most teams.

My 5 year plan?

Over 40 women at the last 2 womens training sessions.... if you want to start rumors at least have some sort of truth to them.

That’s great you have 40 locals... they played well this season. But it was stated it was a rumour and no doubt when transfers start we will see if there is transfers from the gong. If there isn’t great it is how it should be but you guys do have a track record too for out of area...

WTF why is there such agro between St George and East Coast? I get St George and Sharks or St George and Syd Uni. I also get East Coast and Magic or Penno. But not these 2 clubs?

8 Sydney Grand Finals now completed.
    Minor Premiers (UNSW Under 19's Div 1) Only successful MP's

Pushing for Selection
    What an epic grand final!! Thought the standard was very good even with the windy conditions.

How was the mark taken by Tristan Davies just before 3QT!! Would have to be the best mark taken in Sydney footy for a long time.. HUGE

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    What an epic grand final!! Thought the standard was very good even with the windy conditions. How was the mark taken by Tristan Davies just before 3QT!! Would have to be the best mark taken in Sydney footy for a long time.. HUGE
    yes, epic grand final and a cracker of a mark - he's exciting to watch.
    Those of us at the ground early saw Sydney Uni Reserves start out powerful but ran out of steam after half-time....if Penno had kicked better in the third then it would have been all over half way through the third. And, deja vu in the Prems where they started off powerfully and had control of the match until the last. Then they ran out of steam too.
    Are they chokers ? I don't think so but they didn't seem to be able to run out matches - it might be a fitness thing

And, despite '5yp' and his distaste for Mudgy, a shout out to St George for doing a great job of running the finals at BISP - canteen was tasty and efficiently run, ball retrieval was unobtrusive, presentation stages were installed and removed quickly. It's hard when your turn comes up to do the Finals, and they seemed to have plenty of hands on deck when needed. That's always a benchmark of Sydney footy where resources are so often over-taxed.
    Last edited by justabaraker; 16th September 2018 at 12:56 PM.

Make that 2 with the Power deservedly taking out U19 Div 2.

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    And, despite '5yp' and his distaste for Mudgy, a shout out to St George for doing a great job of running the finals at BISP - canteen was tasty and efficiently run, ball retrieval was unobtrusive, presentation stages were installed and removed quickly. It's hard when your turn comes up to do the Finals, and they seemed to have plenty of hands on deck when needed. That's always a benchmark of Sydney footy where resources are so often over-taxed.
    Cheers. Was really well organised from the people in charge. I only did the 1 shift but felt like more people in the canteen than customers. 2 for alcohol, 2 on coffee, 2 on the bbq, 4 in the canteen plus a couple as managers and as people to fill in where needed. Think every shift had at least 14 people.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Cheers. Was really well organised from the people in charge. I only did the 1 shift but felt like more people in the canteen than customers. 2 for alcohol, 2 on coffee, 2 on the bbq, 4 in the canteen plus a couple as managers and as people to fill in where needed. Think every shift had at least 14 people.
    They really need to do something about the canteen location. Would have cost St George a lot in potential earnings.

And what on earth was with the commentary this year??

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    They really need to do something about the canteen location. Would have cost St George a lot in potential earnings.

And what on earth was with the commentary this year??
    Agree about the commentary stating Sydney Uni were red hot favourites showed they had no idea what they were talking about.....didnt do any research it was pedestrian at best very "tacky" sydney uni need to review there marketting team just go back to 2013-2015 was so far ahead of now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast