3:00pm – Premier Division – UNSW-ES v Sydney Uni

Sunday 16th September – Blacktown International Sportspark
    9:00am – Under 19s Division Two – Southern Power v UNSW-ES
    11:15am – Division Three – Camden v Sydney Uni
    1:20pm – Division Two – UNSW-ES v Sydney Uni
    3:30pm – Womens Division Two – Holroyd-Parramatta v Camden

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Warming the Bench
    I know we have all been saying this for a while now, however AFL Sydney marketing & comms team should have a real hard look at themselves over summer. Nothing on the website yet about the League B&F winners and it is nearly end of day Thursday. Nothing on the website about the biggest game of the year this coming weekend. No interviews for the big game (should be interviews with Coaches & Captain), no expert tips - Zero.

It's pretty pi55 poor that the state competition can't even have a decent website. We are all being treated like mushrooms and it just shows their complete lack of interest in running a quality competition.

Surely it is not that hard!!

Almost Football Legend
    There will be a preview column on the Sydney AFL website tomorrow. I've been flat out this week with my actual job and haven't written it yet.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Freedman View Post
    I know we have all been saying this for a while now, however AFL Sydney marketing & comms team should have a real hard look at themselves over summer. Nothing on the website yet about the League B&F winners and it is nearly end of day Thursday. Nothing on the website about the biggest game of the year this coming weekend. No interviews for the big game (should be interviews with Coaches & Captain), no expert tips - Zero.
    It's pretty pi55 poor that the state competition can't even have a decent website. We are all being treated like mushrooms and it just shows their complete lack of interest in running a quality competition.
    I'm still waiting to read about the Phelan Medal night, and the TEAM OF THE YEAR which was announced last week !
    Norris, you might be our "MISTER FOOTBALL" but we don't expect you to do it ALL !! You've got floggers to wave in Melbourne next weekend.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    There will be a preview column on the Sydney AFL website tomorrow. I've been flat out this week with my actual job and haven't written it yet.
    No disrespect to you but its ridiculous they get you to write it every week for them. Thank you for all your efforts but i have to echo Tim Freedmans comment, the AFL Sydney team since MG left has lost the plot with Fixtures and the website....why is the womens game on before the main game ?? pathetic coverage accross the board its a big ask for you Michael but you only ever go to the north shore games its not really an insight at all

Warming the Bench

They use to do score updates on the main website, they dont even put the winners up on the day its pathetic the whole thing is a shambles

For a competition that claimed to be the biggest AFL Community Football competition in Australia at the Phelan medal Night it seems a bit poor that the Sydney AFL is unable or unwilling to print a Grand Final edition of the Football Record for spectators over the last weekends of the season.
    Watching the games is fine but knowing which player is who and especially in Grand Finals having a small pen picture for each player is fantastic where it is done.

Not having records during the year is disappointing but not having during finals is not good form. There are many family and friends who travel great distances to support their Clubs and family members during finals who are disappointed with the lack of information and historical results contained therein.

Hey Tim what would you expect from them? They can't even discuss how much of an interest free loan they gave you blokes. I would have thought they would have been all over that telling all and sundry how good they are.........

Senior Player
    Saviour you do realise it wasnt long ago the dragons were in a mess they made. Without the current pres and those around him you may not have come out of it.

100%. Brendan has been amazing for the club.

But no interest free loans from sydney afl. I daresay balmain and campbelltown didnt get one either.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    100%. Brendan has been amazing for the club.

But no interest free loans from sydney afl. I daresay balmain and campbelltown didnt get one either.
    Not sure who "you blokes" are considering I am no longer involved in footy and am simply a general footy fan these days.

Now, not that we were on that topic however since you bring it up again Saviour I will go over things for you again for the things that happened before your time.

Your club did not pay affiliation fees for many years and simply refused to do so until it got to the point that all other clubs had had enough and wanted you booted from Prems. The league in it's infinite wisdom let you off and you did not have to honor your debt. The quantum of that debt was significant so if anyone has been given a free ride by AFL Sydney then it is your club my friend. Fact! #glasshouses

Note: The above had nothing to do with Brendan and his board who have done and continue to do a fantastic job.

Not sure who "you blokes" are considering I am no longer involved in footy and am simply a general footy fan these days.

Now, not that we were on that topic however since you bring it up again Saviour I will go over things for you again for the things that happened before your time.

Your club did not pay affiliation fees for many years and simply refused to do so until it got to the point that all other clubs had had enough and wanted you booted from Prems. The league in it's infinite wisdom let you off and you did not have to honor your debt. The quantum of that debt was significant so if anyone has been given a free ride by AFL Sydney then it is your club my friend. Fact! #glasshouses

Note: The above had nothing to do with Brendan and his board who have done and continue to do a fantastic job.
    Except notably a lack of leadership in reigning in somewhat a club representative person on here who brings the club into disrepute more often than not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast