Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Finals Week Two discussion thread.

Does anyone go to the AFL Grand Final to see a band play?

#AFL Finals Week Two discussion thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Does anyone go to the AFL Grand Final to see a band play?
    That sort of stuff is okay for entertainment after and perhaps before the games, but the reality is the AFL are just trying to justify the high cost of tickets.

No suprise Kelly hasn't got up for the giants, but really surprised that lachie Keefe got selected over perryman. Keefe is one of those players who you look at and say, "they won't win a flag if he's playing ".
    Nothing against Keefe, but shows the depth has run out.

Simon Goodwin in recent interviews has referred the final series as a "tournament". Earlier in the year he coined the term "hamstring awareness" for hamstring tightness and described the media hype surrounding the Dees as "fugazi", ripping off a line from the movie 'The Wolf Of Wall Street'.

Is he just trying to take the piss of the media or a tool candidate?
    Last edited by liz; 14th September 2018 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Please don't evade the swear filter. It's there for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    No suprise Kelly hasn't got up for the giants, but really surprised that lachie Keefe got selected over perryman. Keefe is one of those players who you look at and say, "they won't win a flag if he's playing ".
    Nothing against Keefe, but shows the depth has run out.
    I think he was brought in to specifically play against Mason Cox. The Giants often play 4 tall defenders, even against teams like Collingwood which get most of their scoring from smaller players. GWS have 7 legit AFL quality tall defenders on their list. Haynes and Tomlinson are both FAs next year and likely to get sizable offers from other clubs.

Veterans List
    I'm going to both finals this week. Will definitely be supporting the Demons tonight. Tomorrow I'm looking forward to the reception that Toby Greene gets especially if he tries any karate moves!

Don't you just love Eddie whinging about only having a 6 day break for the prelim?...(if they make it of course ) Finally Collingwood has to cop what other teams do. Last year we had a 6 day break between the elimination final and the semi. The year before we had a 6 day break before the prelim. Didn't see us complaining!

OMG just saw the umpires walking onto the ground...Stevic and Nicholls!!! The Demons are in trouble!

#freekickhawthorn!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    #freekickhawthorn!
    Yep.

I liked how Stevic gave hawks a free in the first 10 seconds. I just don’t get how he can be allowed to umpire hawthorn games considering his allegiance and past performances. He must have some great photos of the powers that be!

#AFL Finals Week Two discussion thread.

Had to smile when they said Mitchell is clearly being targeted (sorry Tom). I am still bitter about Roughead taking out Hannebery in a clearly pre-planned shirtfront in the 2014 GF. Hawthorn getting a bit of the same it seems.

Senior Player
    Tonight’s game is a cracker so far. Dees playing hard but fair. Nice to see some physicality against the Hawks.

Bit of an odd game. I thought that Melbourne were the better side in the first quarter, but it ended up even on the scoreboard. While in the second, I thought that Hawthorn were the better team, but they couldn't kick a goal and ended up losing the quarter by 13.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast