Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Finals Week Two discussion thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Suck eggs Hawthorn!!!!!
    Lol! Love it.

Replace #freekickhawthorn with #suckeggshawthorn.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    GWS is the real fairytale
    Playing the role of the Wicked Witch

Veterans List
    Ho hum......

Senior Player
    Spare me. In no sense of the term would a GWS win be 'fairytale'.

If only we had a vomit emoji on here!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    How much credit for Melbourne’s success can be attributed to Paul Roos work at the club ?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    How much credit for Melbourne’s success can be attributed to Paul Roos work at the club ?
    A lot......he set the standards the club now operates under and as a result, now succeeds. A legend in 'team' attitude and club culture!

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    A lot......he set the standards the club now operates under and as a result, now succeeds. A legend in 'team' attitude and club culture!
    Yep, big Roosy fan, and from what I've read, his encouragement of communication and the structures that he introduces, are very psychologically sound. As opposed to, say, Adelaide's Collective Minds debacle. Which is the sort of psychological training that you get, when you fork out a large amount of cash, to some arrogant bastard, who may have done a psych subject or two, as part of their business degree.

Just noticed on the AFL website, the picture that they're using above the preview of tonight's game. It has Toby Greene's head photoshopped on to someone in karate gear, performing a flying kick. It also has the headline, "Enter The Greene Dragon".
    I'm pretty sure that on Monday, Tribunal chief, Michael Christian, declared the tactic to be, "obviously illegal". But on Saturday, some AFL muppet is using it as the promotional highlight. Grrrr!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Just noticed on the AFL website, the picture that they're using above the preview of tonight's game. It has Toby Greene's head photoshopped on to someone in karate gear, performing a flying kick. It also has the headline, "Enter The Greene Dragon".
    I'm pretty sure that on Monday, Tribunal chief, Michael Christian, declared the tactic to be, "obviously illegal". But on Saturday, some AFL muppet is using it as the promotional highlight. Grrrr!
    There was an article on the AFL website a couple of days ago that said the Giants had been contacted and told it should have been a free (the Newman one, at least).

I’m looking forward to this evening’s game with some curiosity to see if and how Greene will change his technique.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    There was an article on the AFL website a couple of days ago that said the Giants had been contacted and told it should have been a free (the Newman one, at least).

I’m looking forward to this evening’s game with some curiosity to see if and how Greene will change his technique.
    Must say, I'm anticipating tonight's game quite keenly. It's a hard one to pick and should be a cracker if they both play at their best. Greene is one of the more interesting subplots; the battle of the midfields is another - Treloar up against his old team in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

Or the reaction if he doesn't.