Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Finals Week Two discussion thread.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    .......and Collingwood win. I assume everyone went out ......the thread went quiet there for awhile! Tigers v Magpies next week then.....promoters wet dream!
    Probably no one could work out who they wanted to win. I was just glad that there had to be a loser.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I thought Collingwood got an amazing run with the umpires through that game. Quite a low free kick count in the end overall, and the difference wasn't that much (16-12) but they seemed to get away with some incorrect disposals/holding the balls that GWS were pulled up on pretty quickly. I don't think the umpires consciously go into games with a bias, but sheesh a big home crowd baying for blood can have an impact.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I thought Collingwood got an amazing run with the umpires through that game. Quite a low free kick count in the end overall, and the difference wasn't that much (16-12) but they seemed to get away with some incorrect disposals/holding the balls that GWS were pulled up on pretty quickly. I don't think the umpires consciously go into games with a bias, but sheesh a big home crowd baying for blood can have an impact.
    Fully agree! Especially in the first quarter where the free kick count was 8 - 2 in Collingwood's favour. Admittedly, the Pies were a vastly superior team in that quarter but they got some very soft free kicks and the Giants couldn't buy one.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Fully agree! Especially in the first quarter where the free kick count was 8 - 2 in Collingwood's favour. Admittedly, the Pies were a vastly superior team in that quarter but they got some very soft free kicks and the Giants couldn't buy one.
    Yep, Collingwood were completed dominant in that first quarter- but they were blessed with some decisions that helped them build pressure whilst the Giants couldn't get any to release pressure. It really can have a huge impact on a game- Collingwood were up by 22 at 1/4 time, then went on to win by just 10. I get there was a late goal in there for the Giants to flatter the final score, but it really Collingwood to a massive head start (even with woeful kicking for goal).
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Well Friday nights game is going to be full of tension on the field and in the stands. Let’s hope both groups of supporters are civil towards each other, but the teams on the ground can go at it and belt the tripe out each other for all I care. May the Dees beat the Eagles and Dees make the granny & have their fairytale win.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Well Friday nights game is going to be full of tension on the field and in the stands. Let’s hope both groups of supporters are civil towards each other, but the teams on the ground can go at it and belt the tripe out each other for all I care. May the Dees beat the Eagles and Dees make the granny & have their fairytale win.
    Dogs, Tiges, Dees, a trifecta for the VFL!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    My first time seeing GWS live. Lol their song sounds like something from Russia! Sounds different than hearing it through the tv.
    Ha, we say that every time! Like some Soviet anthem celebrating increased tractor production or something.

Far from the worst song though (cough-Port-cough).

Both Sydney teams out. AFL is over for me this year.

There was so much cheering for Collingwood from the commentators that you might have thought Collingwood were playing the Russian National Team. They treated the Giants like they were a team from another country. They called something good or bad on the basis of whether is was good or bad for Collingwood, not GWS. They were all salivating about a Collingwood-Richmond Prelim even before the game started. I suppose they thought the only one watching who might be upset by this would be Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Ha, we say that every time! Like some Soviet anthem celebrating increased tractor production or something.

Yeh their song always cracks me up and makes me think of something you would have heard in Eastern Europe behind the Iron Curtain. Song never seems to end either!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    There was so much cheering for Collingwood from the commentators that you might have thought Collingwood were playing the Russian National Team. They treated the Giants like they were a team from another country. They called something good or bad on the basis of whether is was good or bad for Collingwood, not GWS. They were all salivating about a Collingwood-Richmond Prelim even before the game started. I suppose they thought the only one watching who might be upset by this would be Barry.
    Wasted their time, because I didn't watch it.
    But the pro Vic biased in the commentary box has become a blight since 2016

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post

We say Power a lot.
    Power a lot.
    We're blokes who like to say Power.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast