Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Finals Week Two discussion thread.

It seems that the Collingwood turnaround under Bucks could also be a fairytale for the Melbourne media.

Whilst I'm extremely happy that GW$ are out... I'll be ecstatic if the tiges rip the Colliwobbles a new one. I need to shut a few pies supporters up.
    Secretly hoping Melbourne give the wet cokers a beating; then topple the tigers at the big dance.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    If we have to have the fairytale - let it be the Dees. And I like their club song. Their supporters are a lot more “Genteel” than those supporters of pies , tigers & hawks. And they are playing good hard footy - no arrogance about them.
    The fairytale for 2018 - is it the Demons. The media are getting on the bandwagon big time.

I really don't care who wins actually. I can see the Demons beating the West Coke Eagles but I can't see Collingwood beating Richmond.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    There was so much cheering for Collingwood from the commentators that you might have thought Collingwood were playing the Russian National Team. They treated the Giants like they were a team from another country. They called something good or bad on the basis of whether is was good or bad for Collingwood, not GWS. They were all salivating about a Collingwood-Richmond Prelim even before the game started. I suppose they thought the only one watching who might be upset by this would be Barry.
    If you have the money here’s the answer for next year

Sony home theatre system puts you at the game without the commentators

Veterans List
    Watching those games at the weekend, the kicking and decision making skills of all 4 sides were way better than ours.

To me it was quite stark and the obvious area we must improve dramatically. When we switch through the midfield our kicks are very short and telegraphed, and the player to whom the kick is directed is usually a static target.

Veteran Site Admin
    I see that, despite doing little else during Saturday’s game, Toby Greene has still managed to accumulate yet another misconduct fine.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I see that, despite doing little else during Saturday’s game, Toby Greene has still managed to accumulate yet another misconduct fine.
    Maybe he should set up a direct debit from his bank account, just to save time in the future?

Veterans List
    This is not specifically Finals talk but is about another award which happens during them. Here is the player invite list to the Brownlow Medal Presentation:

Brownlow Medal 2018 invite list: Who will attend?

Interesting to note that every team (except us and Geelong) has five players invited, including those teams still in the finals. Geelong has seven invited. We have four......Buddy, JPK, Heeney and Parker.

Why is this so, I wonder? Seriously, why do we only have four invited? Surely the AFL could have added Jake Lloyd to that list, he'll possibly be our biggest vote getter (even if he is a back pocket like the 'no Brownlow vote in his entire career' Nick Smith.....but 4 players only invited, this seems weird.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    This is not specifically Finals talk but is about another award which happens during them. Here is the player invite list to the Brownlow Medal Presentation:

Brownlow Medal 2018 invite list: Who will attend?

Interesting to note that every team (except us and Geelong) has five players invited, including those teams still in the finals. Geelong has seven invited. We have four......Buddy, JPK, Heeney and Parker.:
    Well that is either a slap in the face to the Swans or the AFL knows that our votes will be concentrated amongst those four with any other Swans player way behind.

I’ve always assumed that the AFL has already done a count before the night so they aren’t hit by any surprises that haven’t prepared for. But I don’t actually know that.

Ok now I’ve read article on AFL site I see it says: ‘Clubs are asked to provide a guest list of four players, plus the club's captain and any previous past winners of the prestigious medal.’

So I assume the Swans only nominated those four players. Perhaps others had other plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Well that is either a slap in the face to the Swans or the AFL knows that our votes will be concentrated amongst those four with any other Swans player way behind.

I’ve always assumed that the AFL has already done a count before the night so they aren’t hit by any surprises that haven’t prepared for. But I don’t actually know that.
    I have a theory. Dan Hannebery is a serial attender of the Brownlow. Maybe he was the fifth, but for whatever reason has withdrawn.

And I'm sure a fifth will be added. Can't image there's a shortage of guys putting their hand up.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Ok now I’ve read article on AFL site I see it says: ‘Clubs are asked to provide a guest list of four players, plus the club's captain and any previous past winners of the prestigious medal.’

So I assume the Swans only nominated those four players. Perhaps others had other plans.
    I am mildly surprised that Jake Lloyd wasn't included. I suspect he has a good chance of landing the B&F.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast