Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: #AFL Finals Week Two discussion thread.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I see that, despite doing little else during Saturday’s game, Toby Greene has still managed to accumulate yet another misconduct fine.
    Yep, the guy is a grub of the highest order. Think he's had some off field misdemeaners as well.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Ok now I’ve read article on AFL site I see it says: ‘Clubs are asked to provide a guest list of four players, plus the club's captain and any previous past winners of the prestigious medal.’

So I assume the Swans only nominated those four players. Perhaps others had other plans.
    Sounds fair enough.......anyway, I have a feeling the Swans team total will be down on recent seasons, where we're always at or close to the top. We never quite hit our straps this year......

So the AFL is showing the Melbourne supporters at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl on the big screen. This will be a big positive for Melbourne especially if they add sound. They've never done this before. I wonder if they'll do this for the interstate clubs at the grand final now that this precedent has been set? Doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    So the AFL is showing the Melbourne supporters at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl on the big screen. This will be a big positive for Melbourne especially if they add sound. They've never done this before. I wonder if they'll do this for the interstate clubs at the grand final now that this precedent has been set? Doubt it.
    Why do you doubt it? They did it as long ago as 1996, for Swans supporters, in the old Olympic Pool building that is now the Collingwood headquarters.

Veterans List
    Looks like the Eagles aren't playing in the prelim. I only hear 3 teams being mentioned!

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Looks like the Eagles aren't playing in the prelim. I only hear 3 teams being mentioned!
    Tough way to go out, but they've had a good season and should be able to use it to build on going into next year.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789