Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 NEAFL Grand Final

If he’d put in a formal request for a trade, Swans might have decided not to pick him. I don’t know. Why would he not want to play in the NEAFL grand final?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    He could suffer a serious injury and make it hard for a team to recruit him.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    He could suffer a serious injury and make it hard for a team to recruit him.
    Good point, if he has no commitment going forward from the Swans then he needs to now be thinking of himself.

The team is thin on listed players but let's see how we go.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    That was just a hypothetical, and not the definite reason. Another plausible reason could be that he played the last 8 games in the seniors and is due a rest.

It’s interesting to see that the swans are distinct outsiders with the bookies paying around 2.75

ugg, thanks so much for all of the Ressies stats throughout the year.

Unfortunately I can’t get to the NEAFL GF. But I was hoping to finish work in time to watch the game streamed. goswannette is running a half marathon on the morning of the game but was hoping to get home in time for the game too. She generally isn’t a big watcher of Reserves footy but in an effort to stimulate enthusiasm from her, I’m attempting to make it a bit of a match day experience for her.

I’m hanging some of my plethora of Swans merchandise around the living room to decorate it. Got pies & sausage rolls to heat’n’eat during the game. Drinks in Swans cups. Will be watching it streamed on my big smart TV. I wanted a Football Record for the game (I always buy one when I attend games and always buy the AFL GF Record when I watch it on TV) but when I contacted the NEAFL they said they don’t actually have one : so I used the stats & match info you provided to make a color 14 page Football Record for Adele to read during the game. Even made a ticket for her to “attend” the screening. All I need now is the Swans to win to make the day a bit more fun!

Thanks again for your efforts ugg!

Good luck NEAFL Swans!

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post

Unfortunately I can’t get to the NEAFL GF. But I was hoping to finish work in time to watch the game streamed. goswannette is running a half marathon on the morning of the game but was hoping to get home in time for the game too. She generally isn’t a big watcher of Reserves footy but in an effort to stimulate enthusiasm from her, I’m attempting to make it a bit of a match day experience for her.

I’m hanging some of my plethora of Swans merchandise around the living room to decorate it. Got pies & sausage rolls to heat’n’eat during the game. Drinks in Swans cups. Will be watching it streamed on my big smart TV. I wanted a Football Record for the game (I always buy one when I attend games and always buy the AFL GF Record when I watch it on TV) but when I contacted the NEAFL they said they don’t actually have one : so I used the stats & match info you provided to make a color 14 page Football Record for Adele to read during the game. Even made a ticket for her to “attend” the screening. All I need now is the Swans to win to make the day a bit more fun!

Good luck NEAFL Swans!
    Damn, I was planning on spending tomorrow at home, catching up on stuff that I'm way behind on. But now that you've made me feel like such a Swans slacker, I'm going to have to wander down to Sharks for the game.

Senior Player

Good luck NEAFL Swans!
    Wow, that's impressive. Have a good afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Damn, I was planning on spending tomorrow at home, catching up on stuff that I'm way behind on. But now that you've made me feel like such a Swans slacker, I'm going to have to wander down to Sharks for the game.
    There’s always time to catching up on stuff later. Football finals are never guaranteed. Give a big cheer for us if you go! I’m quite envious you can get there. Go Swannies! (from goswannies )
    Last edited by goswannies; 15th September 2018 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Wow, that's impressive. Have a good afternoon.
    Thanks! Hope to! Just watching our boys in a Grand Final (at any level) is always a thrill for me ... I remember going to a Swans v North Reserves final curtain raiser at the MCG in the early 90s just because finals were so scarce for us at any level at the time (and then trying to decide if I’d hang around to watch the Geelong / North seniors afterwards - I did, just to watch Ablett Snr ply his trade )

For today's weather; it's currently sunny and 21 degrees at the Gold Coast. It's expected to rise 23-24 by game time. By which time, there may be a small amount of cloud, but very little chance of even a shower. The wind is expected to pick up to a moderate 30 kmh, coming from the south west.

Assuming that the cameras will be filming from the balcony of Sharks, this means that the wind should be coming from the right of screen and blowing to the left. There might be a small advantage when kicking to the left of screen, but I doubt if there'll be much to it.

Veterans List

Good luck NEAFL Swans!
    Wow, love what you're doing, enjoy the afternoon, hope we get up, cheer cheer

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast