Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 NEAFL Grand Final

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Sides go in as named.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Sides go in as named.
    Phew - when I saw a recent (yet pre-kick off) post from you in this thread I was worried you were going to tell us that Cameron, Dawson and Rose were all late withdrawals.

Senior Player
    Decent effort by Tadhg to get us to the GF in his first year of coaching. The players have seemed respectful of him in interviews I've heard. I like that he's a member of a successful past team, and he speak the 'bloods football' language.

I wonder whether he'll follow Shaw's path and move up to defensive coach for the seniors next year.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Decent effort by Tadhg to get us to the GF in his first year of coaching. The players have seemed respectful of him in interviews I've heard. I like that he's a member of a successful past team, and he speak the 'bloods football' language.

I wonder whether he'll follow Shaw's path and move up to defensive coach for the seniors next year.
    Hope we get to see another jig, later on today.

- - - Updated - - -

The wind has picked up to probably a bit more than moderate. Maybe one or two goals to the left of screen.

Stoddart as our main forward target, not sure that's going to work out well

Quarter time Swnas 0.3 (3) Sharks 3.2 (20)

Late goal hurt, but let's see what we do with the wind.

As you can probably tell from the screen, the wind has picked up further. I suspect that our nippy, smaller players up forward will take advantage this quarter.
    I do like the way our academy players chase and harass.

Once again I suspect poor kicking and poor kicking at goal may cost us another NEAFL premiership! It always seems the lack of listed players in the grand finals really hurts us as the top up kids playing against mostly men really struggle in a physical grand final atmosphere.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hmmm, I don't like our chances from here. I think that the club will have to lobby the NEAFL, for a change of the eligibility rules. If the team ends up with only a handful of players, who have made it into their twenties, then the rules probably aren't working.

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Once again I suspect poor kicking and poor kicking at goal may cost us another NEAFL premiership! It always seems the lack of listed players in the grand finals really hurts us as the top up kids playing against mostly men really struggle in a physical grand final atmosphere.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Don't want to sound critical but our top-ups have been as a group woeful so far. Really stupid errors are costing us badly and more often than not its been a top up at cause - that goal where it was kept in instead of being rushed for a behind a perfect example.

Our listed players need to inject themselves more into the contest - Maibaum is doing well, and Cameron manfully within the ruck as well. Rose has had moments but then wasted so much of the ball. I just don't see it with Stoddart at this stage - maybe I'm missing something, but he looks a long way off challenging regularly for an AFL spot. Styles also hasn't shown me a lot to suggest he is anywhere near AFL quality.

Someone is going to have to grab the game by the throat if we are to be any chance, but I can't see it - especially when you throw in umpiring that, as it so often is, seems to let an awful lot that would be given at AFL level go (Especially around holding the ball).

Going to take a massive effort from here to get even close.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Halftime Swans 1.4 (10) Sharks 6.2 (38)

Goal: Dawson

To lose that quarter with the breeze makes it incredibly hard now. A lack of a proper forward strucutre hurting with the Sharks's experienced defence playing the young Swans forwards well. They've also worked Dawson over throughout the game. Rose has been good, Stoddart started well but has gone quiet, O'Riordan a few shaky moments, Cameron's not as dominant as he has been and we need more from Brown, Styles and Bell.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Hmmm, I don't like our chances from here. I think that the club will have to lobby the NEAFL, for a change of the eligibility rules. If the team ends up with only a handful of players, who have made it into their twenties, then the rules probably aren't working.
    Yeh it has got to a point I feel that they need to change the rules for finals - especially as the non-AFL affiliated teams are increasingly getting a lot better, with more and more ex-afl system players involved as well. Our bottom 10 or so players today truly look like boys against men so far.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast