Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 NEAFL Grand Final

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Hmmm, I don't like our chances from here.
    It’s only 5 goals. We can do it! And we come home with the breeze (hurricane)

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I think that the club will have to lobby the NEAFL, for a change of the eligibility rules. If the team ends up with only a handful of players, who have made it into their twenties, then the rules probably aren't working.
    Yup. It’s stupid that guys who have played much of the season are ineligible. I know they have to draw the line but the line is stupidly skewed.

I don’t think our boys have done too badly as we are physically mismatched. I think the Sharks have converted more of their opportunities (which they’ve had a few more of).

Come on boys! Give us some joy to finish 2018 off with!

- - - Updated - - -

Holy moly the Sharks read the breeze well from set shots

Stoddart seems to have the correct decision making to be a senior Swans player..... i.e utterly terrible. Awful in the lead up to that goal.

Game all but over now.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Hmm ... Tyler Roos ... still can forget him in the team photo after the 2005 Grand Final

And the scores are now looking grim

This is a slaughter

Warming the Bench
    Time to mow the lawn

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    This is a slaughter
    Picking up where the seniors left off from last week

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I don't think the rules are too nerous. 9 games is the requirement and that is 50% of the H&A games. We've just had to call upon guys like Fox, Robinson, Marsh, McCartin and Towers more than we might have expected.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Picking up where the seniors left off from last week
    Exactly. The rule seems to be kick-and-cross-your-fingers.

To be fair, there's a lot of fiftysomething Swans out there. I wonder what the Sharks' age numbers are.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

goswannette has found a solution to the game ... run a half marathon in the morning and fall asleep on the couch from exhaustion while trying to watch. She drifted off 4 goals down, woke up nearly 8 goals down.

- - - Updated - - -

Darcy Cameron getting frustration tips from Zac Jones?

Stoddart seriously has appalling decision making.

This umpiring though is utterly dreadful - have we been paid a single holding the ball all day?
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Hmmm this could be our lowest finals/Grand Final score at any level?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Stoddart seriously has appalling decision making.

This umpiring though is utterly dreadful - have we been paid a single holding the ball all day?
    He needs a hair cut
    Last edited by goswannies; 16th September 2018 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    ugg, thanks so much for all of the Ressies stats throughout the year.

Unfortunately I can’t get to the NEAFL GF. But I was hoping to finish work in time to watch the game streamed. goswannette is running a half marathon on the morning of the game but was hoping to get home in time for the game too. She generally isn’t a big watcher of Reserves footy but in an effort to stimulate enthusiasm from her, I’m attempting to make it a bit of a match day experience for her.

I’m hanging some of my plethora of Swans merchandise around the living room to decorate it. Got pies & sausage rolls to heat’n’eat during the game. Drinks in Swans cups. Will be watching it streamed on my big smart TV. I wanted a Football Record for the game (I always buy one when I attend games and always buy the AFL GF Record when I watch it on TV) but when I contacted the NEAFL they said they don’t actually have one : so I used the stats & match info you provided to make a color 20 page Football Record for goswannette to read during the game. Even made a ticket for her to “attend” the screening. All I need now is the Swans to win to make the day a bit more fun!

Thanks again for your efforts ugg!
    Even with all of the above effort, goswannette has struggled to enjoy the game.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast