Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SANFL finals debacle - 19th man (split thread)

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I don't think this is an AFL issue. It's an SANFL issue.
    Of course.
    I don't really care about the SANFL.
    I do care about the AFL, and my comments stand, even in a general sense in reviewing the rules.
    How often is this done?

Regarding the SANFL...
    Crazy decision.
    Expected.
    Wrong.
    #whenyouthoughtsydneywererobbedin2016
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Yep, it’s a script for another John Williamson play about footy , poignant, comical, farcical and in the end decided by a friggin lawyer .

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Having been a field umpire many moons ago, the league I was officiating in had the following instructions:

When a count is called for, the game is stopped and players from both sides had to line up along the centre square lines and be counted.

The umpire had to count he players from both sides, then have the time keepers / goal umpires mark the official score cards at that point.

The game would recommence and scores were kept form the marked point on wards.

The details had to be fully reported by the umpire in the match report, which sent to the league offices.

Additionally when we rang the scores through that night (for publication in the Sunday papers)we had to advise the league official of the count.

The league would then convene a tribunal to decide the matter and decide if any scores needed to be adjusted. The field umpire did not have the power the annul the scores at the game.

I had this wonderful experience once, fortunately the right number of players from both sides were on the ground, but it still required a lot of additional paperwork
    sprite

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123