Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: #Prelim Finals Discussion thread

#Prelim Finals Discussion thread

The Victorians are in a complete lather over this first game, all 100k tiks sold in 30 mins, the commentators just can’t get the words out fast enough, there’s so much hype and hatred they can barely breathe down there.
    So I hope it’s not a blow out .
    The Tigers will give the Pies the wobbles by 15 points .

Why are West Coast doing so well this year, we are their traditional rivals not the Dees .

I’m going for Max Gawns mob then by 5 points .

Hope the tiges rip the wobbles a new one.
    I'm jumping on the dees bandwagon... they have cheese platters.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Tigers will win a close one, WC will smash the Dees.

Tiges by plenty, Eagles just.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Now that Swans and Giants are out, and I dont really care for any of the remaining teams, I hope the tigers go back to back.
    Deep down I always felt we'd need an upset to get past them, but now that we are not in it, we might as well have the best team win.

Tigers and Melbourne

Veterans List
    Tigers and my heart says Dees but my head says Tigers and WC.....should be a cracker tonight but could easily be a smashing the Tigers way.

apparently a few of the tigers boys have flu/gastro

Senior Player
    The game hashtag was already trending on Twitter when I woke up this morning. Seems to have calmed down a little. I guess this is huge in Melbourne.

I'd like to see upsets, especially Dees over Eagles. You never know. But 1 vs 2 in the GF is the expected result.

Warming the Bench
    I can't see Collingwood beating Richmond tonight but I can see the Demons beating WCE. If it's Demons over WCE then we'll have an all Melbourne gf and the VFL old boys club will like that. The last time we had 2 Vic clubs in the GF was in 2011.

If the Demons beat WCE what a media frenzy that will cause here in Melbourne.

I don't really care who wins the prelims or the GF - what I want to see is integrity and fairness in the umpiring so it is the best team that wins. I don't want to see an AFL ordained win.

Veterans List
    I'm hoping the GF is Pies vs Eagles so no matter who wins no-one is happy. The funniest would be an Eagles Premiership with the free kicks 20 to 5 their way.

Veteran Site Admin
    I don't especially care who wins either game, but I think the Tigers will comfortably account for Collingwood.

The other game is harder to pick. Melbourne were very impressive in their late season game over at Optus against the Eagles. They jumped out of the blocks that day, and it took West Coast until the second quarter before they really got going. And then an injury to Darling stopped their momentum when it looked as if they would reel Melbourne in and overtake them. Kennedy started to look sharp in the second half of that game (after a slow first half) and carried that into the QF. Assuming they are more prepared for a fast starting Melbourne side and don't lose anyone important to injury during the game, I think the Eagles will be a bit too good, but hopefully it's a close and entertaining game.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast