Thread: 2005 Prelim v St Kilda last quarter comeback

Blog Entries

2005 Prelim v St Kilda last quarter comeback

Schneider, Buchanan and ROK very prominent.

2005 Preliminary Final - Last Quarter Comeback - sydneyswans.com.au

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Great to watch again!

All of those goals were piled on in the space of 7-8 minutes of game time. We went from 8 ponts behind to "game over" in the blink of an eye!

I've been a Swans man since 1961. I maintain that the stretch of game time shown in that video is the most explosive burst of footy I've ever seen from a Swans team.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Great to watch again!

All of those goals were piled on in the space of 7-8 minutes of game time. We went from 8 ponts behind to "game over" in the blink of an eye!

I've been a Swans man since 1961. I maintain that the stretch of game time shown in that video is the most explosive burst of footy I've ever seen from a Swans team.
    The night the Schneiderman became a legend! Buchanan was huge as well. We looked unbeatable during that short period and it went a long way to the club/team believing the dream of a Premiership was truly achievable.....

Veterans List
    I loved being at that game! The Saints supporters were so cocky at 3 quarter time and then we went BANG!

We were shafted by the umpires in that game and Roos made Hall go and speak to them. Even the commentators mentioned the lack of frees.

I was at that game & barracked till I got horse (pun) during that last quarter explosion, which no one saw coming. A good St.Kilda mate was with me & felt sorry for him having to put with my antics in that final quarter! He was the first to ring & congratulate me at the 2005 GF. Waiting to return the compliments (so close in 2010, poor bugger).

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I loved being at that game! The Saints supporters were so cocky at 3 quarter time and then we went BANG!

We were shafted by the umpires in that game and Roos made Hall go and speak to them. Even the commentators mentioned the lack of frees.
    OKeefe BOG with 4 goals. Great big occasion player.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    One of my most Wonderful Swans games. Unlike the Geelong (Nick Davis) semi final the week before we were rank underdogs, never winning a finals game at the MCG since the mid 1930’s. Got very drunk that night.

On the wing
    The smug West Australians over here continually bagged the Swans play as "negative" "flooding" , "boring" etc . Not that they would have watched this game but that fabulous 7 minutes would shut them up. I get the video out often and have a chuckle when the barrage starts. Especially when you see the crowd start flooding out and Robert Walls about O'Keefe who takes a mark inside 50 "How can this man be left alone on his own?"
    Last edited by Nolie; 22nd September 2018 at 09:54 PM. Reason: spell errors

Regular in the Side
    I remember watching the game on the tiniest little TV. It was in the days before smartphones and I had an old 4 inch portable tv with me outside the SCG. I went there straight from work and was 7th in line. Took a bottle of champagne and shared a glass or two with a few fellow crazy-arse fans who were out in the rain with me - well drizzle and not much, but rain makes for a better story - after the game. I remember the line got longer after the game finished and even longer the following morning. It was such a great experience and I got quoted in the paper the next morning after a reporter came to talk to us while we were in line. Those were the good old days when there was no online purchasing of tickets. Fun times.
    Life's not a spectator sport