Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mason Cox Hype

Mason Cox Hype

I agree that Mason Cox is a big story, but why don't they mention that the first Canadian to win a premiership was Mike Pyke?
    I remember that Brian Taylor (could be wrong about the commentator) said that he was the worst AFL player he had ever seen.

Cox is a yank not A canadian. And he was brilliant tonight. And being in Melbourne , and silencing the arrogant tigers who were already talking 3peats, that was soo bloody good. I barracked for the pies that hard , and so did most of the pub I was at . Brilliant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could never barrack for the Pies (because of Eddie), and I am aware that being a Canadian is not an American, but in my mind the Mike Pyke story is akin to the Mason Cox story.

On a different tack could someone please amend the thread typo (Cos in lieu of Cox)

He’s a tree trunk at 6’10” but very athletic as well.
    Daisi needed a step ladder to avoid neck soreness.

Not sure Mike Pyke ever put in a performance as eye-catching as big Cox’s one tonight.

We should ask Roosy to look out for one for us when he returns to the States for the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Not sure Mike Pyke ever put in a performance as eye-catching as big Cox’s one tonight.
    I thought he did quite well in our 2012 flag.

Last night, it seemed that Mason Cox might be McAvaney's next man-crush. I hope not. I mean, do we really need to listen to, McAvaney getting hyper excited about Cox?

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Last night, it seemed that Mason Cox might be McAvaney's next man-crush. I hope not. I mean, do we really need to listen to, McAvaney getting hyper excited about Cox?
    Cox was very, very good but, yes, Bruce made it sound like it was the best performance by a player in a final EVER. With Rance being well beaten and Cyril Rioli retired, Cox may well be Bruce's next man crush!

It appears size does matter when it comes to Cox.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    I agree that Mason Cox is a big story, but why don't they mention that the first Canadian to win a premiership was Mike Pyke?
    I remember that Brian Taylor (could be wrong about the commentator) said that he was the worst AFL player he had ever seen.
    All o/seas players that make it 'on the big stage' are a big story, Pykey had his time and now it's Mason's turn. I did get a bit miffed when McAvaney exclaimed something like "Not since big Jimmy Stynes has an overseas player had such an impact!!" then fairly quickly backtracked with "I reckon Tadhg Kennelly might be watching thinking 'what about me'?" No doubt big Mike Pyke deserves recognition but the time is now and big Mason Cox is THE story at the moment. I can understand the hype......he was massive last night!

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Spencer noted this on Twitter: Adam Spencer on Twitter: "Mason Cox tremendous tonight bit with respect Bruce “this is the best international story since Jim Stynes” ... two words ... #Mike #Pyke Rucked last quarter of 2012 GF solo vs Hale and McEvoy and won it. I know it’s not a Melbourne based team but #FFS it did actually happen"
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast