• Collingwood

7 18.42%
  • West Coast

17 44.74%
  • Don't care

14 36.84%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Grand Final Poll

I can't warm to either side. If I had make a list of my most detested teams in the AFL, these two would join Hawthorn and Essendon in my bottom four.

I'm cheering for the umpires. It would be their second premiership in the last three years.

Probably my two most disliked sides, not that I passionately hate any side. With Hawthorn worst opposition supporters in the league - neither should be rewarded with a premiership.

WC, as noted, lesser of two evils - I like their players better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post

I'm cheering for the umpires. It would be their second premiership in the last three years.
    Great line!
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Just dont want to see Eddy happy

Veterans List
    As I said last week, this is the GF I wanted. Pies - the plus is that most of Victoria will be unhappy but the negative is that so will Eddie. Weagles - the plus is that all of Victoria (and the AFL) will be upset but the downside is that Julie Bishop will be happy. Tigers weren't good enough to be repeated champs. Dees would have got a reality check this week or next. On balance I lean 52% to the Weagles. Wouldn't mind Buckley defying the pundits and finally getting a premiership but wouldn't be upset to see the other Josh Kennedy with a flag.

I just hope it's a good game. The Eagles have only had a training run. But that first half by the Pies was one of the best period of excellent footy skills I've ever seen. A Premiership settled by less than a goal would be good.

I just hope it's close, but I don't think it will be. Eagles by 46.

Scores level as the final siren sounds .
    Eddie is strechered out of the stadium to a waiting ambulance to be fitted with a pacemaker.
    Eagles win in extra time by 3 points or do they have to replay it in 7 days ? I’ve forgotten.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Scores level as the final siren sounds .
    Eddie is strechered out of the stadium to a waiting ambulance to be fitted with a pacemaker.
    Eagles win in extra time by 3 points or do they have to replay it in 7 days ? I’ve forgotten.
    There will be no replay. Don't know if Collingwood supporters can handle another draw!

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Love it SS... I might use it if I am talking to the Doggies fan in the office during the week and see if I can get a bite....

I honestly couldn't care less who wins on Saturday, though have the ever slight preference for West Coast as I find Eddie so entirely detestable. But I like the Cox story for the Pies, and hope he can have as good a game on Saturday as Pykey did for us in 2012. Those stories of players that succeed in our game coming from a non-AFL background are enjoyable, and the only tangible thread I can find to really like

I hope Jetta can have a good game also for the Eagles - he hasn't done as well over there as he should have I feel, but he has been good in the second half of this season and was pretty good in the Prelim final.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I like watching Jetta play, and he's had a good finals series. So I'm hoping for WC win.

Only thing better than seeing Collingwood lose by 100 points in the GF, is seeing them lose by 1 point.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Veterans List
    Have some Pies friends so Go Pies. Besides how can I forget the travesty of 2006. Until we get handed the 2006 Cup I will never support WCE in a GF.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post

What I dislike about Collingwood isn't the players - it's their feral fans egged on on by Maguire.
    C'mon, have some compassion. Everyday they wake up and they're still them. It must be horrible.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast