Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Grand Final Poll

Blog Entries

Grand Final Poll

Who do you want to win?

Blog Entries
    WC for me.
    The lesser of the evils.

I barracked (quietly) for Collingwood against the Tigers to give me a better chance of selling my un-needed GF ticket. It almost made me vomit to do so. So WC for me (though truth be told, footy season ended with the NEAFL Grand Final).

Happy and I know it
    Totally don't care. The season's over for me.

Lots of marque players (like Bucks) never played in a Granny winning side, so now he’s got an opportunity to win one as a coach and I like him.
    But of course who can stand Eddies hypocrisy and his generalisation that ‘everyone’ is loving this (Pies winning) .
    The odds are clearly stacked against West Coast (hostile ground, short recovery, travel) and even though they finished top two, they have been pretty neglected to go on and win the GF.
    They are a clean side now (compared to ‘06)
    so I hope they get up, but I don’t know how they will stop the flying tree trunk (Cox).
    Go Eagles.

Either a really close, high quality game and I don't care who wins. Ok then West Coast by a kick after the siren.
    OR an absolute shellacking and then of course WCE to win and destroy the dreams of Eddie, Bucks and the Melbourne Media.

Don't care, it's not us.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I think I would just enjoy seeing the Eagles lose more than the Pies.
    And apart from Eddie there is no one I really dislike on the Pies unlike 2011 era with Malthouse, Maxwell, Didak, Shaw (and Jolly) ;-)
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Can't feel any great desire for either team to win. I can't really work out what would irritate me the most. Eddie's smugness in victory, a victory that would probably be partially due to Victorian advantage. Or the happiness of the more feral West Coast fans: who are probably the most biased and unhinged in the AFL.

Is this a granny where you can say that the majority of footy fans don't really give a rats?
    I certainly don't.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Warming the Bench
    As I write this I don't really care who wins. But of GF day I might just side with Collingwood. If Collingwood can play like they did against Richmond I think they will win.

What I dislike about Collingwood isn't the players - it's their feral fans egged on on by Maguire.

The West Coke eagles played ok - they won by a big margin because the Demons were awful. However the WCE fans are just as one-sided as any other team so i'd like to see them on the receiving end of the Melbourne centric umpiring. Come in Matt Stevic.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    As I write this I don't really care who wins. But of GF day I might just side with Collingwood. If Collingwood can play like they did against Richmond I think they will win.

What I dislike about Collingwood isn't the players - it's their feral fans egged on on by Maguire.

The West Coke eagles played ok - they won by a big margin because the Demons were awful. However the WCE fans are just as one-sided as any other team so i'd like to see them on the receiving end of the Melbourne centric umpiring. Come in Matt Stevic.
    I agree with the sentiments in that post except for the encouragement of Vic-centric umpiring.....I think we've all had enough of that! But I'll be going for Collingwood..... I hate the club but as for the players I have nothing against them. I'm almost the same with WC but their fans are the worst in the league, morally and behaviorally and I'd hate to see them happy and gloating. Both clubs and their fans failed Adam Goodes during 'that' period so basically they're both scum.....this game should be dubbed the 'Bigots Cup' (won't use the 'R' word, could upset some but it would be even more appropriate).

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast