Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brownlow Medal 2018

Yay! Isaac wins Mark of the Year!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Yay! Isaac wins Mark of the Year!
    Quite rightly too

They should have shown the frames where he switches from punching to marking, that was remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, it was a lot like Bjork's swan dress. Maybe it's a sign that JJ is heading to the Swans? I'm sure that it has as much basis in reality, as most of the rumours flying around lately.
    Yep, a Swans dress!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    They should have shown the frames where he switches from punching to marking, that was remarkable.
    As long as he can demonstrate that sort of brilliant decision making more often, then he is going to be such a treat to watch over his career (not that he isn't already wonderful to watch). Fantastic that he won Mark of the Year - thoroughly deserved for a great grab.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I hope someone warned Daisy that interview with Tom will cost her a grand!

When will they have someone who can annunciate properly reading the votes? Gill the Dill is as bad as the Fat Controller was!

Why don’t they just rename it the Midfielder Medal .

Congrats to Tom. Big season

Congrats to Isaac for Mark of the Year

Congrats to Nick Smith for breaking the record for the most senior games without a Brownlow vote

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Congrats to Tom. Big season

Congrats to Isaac for Mark of the Year

Congrats to Nick Smith for breaking the record for the most senior games without a Brownlow vote
    Poor Nick! Although I guess that makes him, out of all the players in history to have never polled a vote and there would be a few, the undisputed best.

Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post
    I'm surprised Callum Mills is there. I thought only Kennedy, Parker, Heeney & Franklin had been invited.
    According to his Instagram account Callum was the ‘7th emergency’ to attend the Brownlow!

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Poor Nick! Although I guess that makes him, out of all the players in history to have never polled a vote and there would be a few, the undisputed best.
    Here’s some perspective ... Alf Boniface’s averaged 1.5 Brownlow votes per game through this entire VFL career. Alf played 2 games for Footscray in 1940, polling 3 votes.

South’s own Neville Forge polled a Brownlow vote in half the games of his VFL career (2 games, 1 vote) in 1962.
    Last edited by goswannies; 25th September 2018 at 01:18 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast