Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantastic Five - Best of Adam Goodes

Blog Entries

Fantastic Five - Best of Adam Goodes

Excellent. It's nice to be reminded, just how much of a high flyer he was in his younger days. Though my favourite bit of Goodes high flying isn't there. Back when he was in the ruck, he comprehensively out leapt Sandilands at a ball up. Looking at the replay, showed that his first contact with Sandilands, was shin on shoulder. I mean, that is some jump!
    And I did have to chuckle at the classic Cometti commentary, after Goodes lead a late comeback against the Dockers. "Fremantle are like Stonehenge: they're both noted for their ruins."

How hard was it for them to only pick five.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

It wasn't a great day but I reckon Goodsie's goal from the centre-bounce after three quarter time in the 2006 Grand Final says it all about the player. Reading the game. Speed, hands and finish. Should have been in Top 5 for mine.

From 7:25 in this Youtube clip.

2006 AFL Grand Final Highlights - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    It wasn't a great day but I reckon Goodsie's goal from the centre-bounce after three quarter time in the 2006 Grand Final says it all about the player. Reading the game. Speed, hands and finish. Should have been in Top 5 for mine.

From 7:25 in this Youtube clip.

2006 AFL Grand Final Highlights - YouTube
    I watched that entire clip - its pretty much the first time in more than 10 years I've watched any highlights from that grand final. I had forgotten the sheer class of that goal, and sadly just how close we got to going back to back A magnificent game of footy, but by gee we ended up ruing our poor first half. I wonder what might have happened had there been another 30 seconds on the clock (as the Druggies probably wonder about 2005 too).
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Watching that 2006 GF clip it reminded me of one painful moment- ROK (who was hot, granted) gets the ball and looks to just boot it out of there, without realising he had a half decent chap wide open calling for a looping handball. We know what happens next.
    handshands.png

- - - Updated - - -

Wonderful.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    How hard was it for them to only pick five.
    They kinda cheated with number two. I watched the first few seconds of that one, and thought "why did they pick this one? Hardly one of his best", before I realised it was his eight goal game. And several of those eight goals were pretty special. He was playing on one leg that day, too, IIRC.

My favourite highlight (of those included in this package) is number four- the gather on the run, acceleration and goal.

Senior Player
    Nice set, but they kind of botched the 2012 GF bit. I was waiting for the McAvaney line: cometh the moment, cometh the chaammmpion!

OK everyone, WHICH game is the freo one? 2005? I need to revisit it.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    OK everyone, WHICH game is the freo one? 2005? I need to revisit it.
    I think it was 2008.

Thanks liz. Macca's hair should have been an indicator, but ..... I'll confirm once I work it out.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Spot on liz. Well done you!~!!! Many thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast