Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: #AFLGF Pies v Eagles

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    I'm not sure how safe it is to ponder the inner workings of the Collingwood mind.

What a great last 15 minutes of game that was (that was all I watched).
    So glad the wobbles wobbled.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

We have far more dignity than that.
    BUT... if you want to complain about umpiring decisions in a granny, 2016 is a good start. How come he didn't mention any of those?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    What a great last 15 minutes of game that was (that was all I watched).
    So glad the wobbles wobbled.
    That sequence beginning with McGovern's mark and ending with Sheed's goal was just wonderful stuff.
    The fact that it happened against Collingwood made it all the more enjoyable!

Actually, if I remember rightly, there may have been a change.org petition, after the 2016 GF. Though I think that it was a fair bit briefer than the Collingwood one.

Pushing for Selection
    Would you believe this.......On MSN Page....

No, but that isn’t going to stop Collingwood supporter Rod Craven from trying to alter the course of history.

Craven has started a petition on change.org attempting to have the result of the grand final reversed, with over 4,000 people adding their signatures by Tuesday morning..
    Only A Collingwood idiot would do that.
    Since 1945 I have hated the magpies along with thousands of true Bloods,I wish some of you newer Swans had attended matches at Victoria Park The magpies Home in those days.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Old S.M.Blood View Post
    Would you believe this.......On MSN

No, but that isn’t going to stop Collingwood supporter Rod Craven from trying to alter the course of history.

Craven has started a petition on change.org attempting to have the result of the grand final reversed, with over 4,000 people adding their signatures by Tuesday morning..
    Only A Collingwood idiot would do that.
    Since 1945 I have hated the magpies along with thousands of true Bloods,I wish some of you newer Swans had attended matches at Victoria Park The magpies Home in those days.
    Feral environment at Victoria Park. One of my fondest memories was watching South beat them there in 1977. Teasdale took over 20 marks the year he won the Brownlow. Many a magpie free kick paid in front of the social club. Beat them there one other time IIRC with Steve Taubert BOG.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Feral environment at Victoria Park. One of my fondest memories was watching South beat them there in 1977. Teasdale took over 20 marks the year he won the Brownlow. Many a magpie free kick paid in front of the social club. Beat them there one other time IIRC with Steve Taubert BOG.
    They weren't much better at the Western Oval. In 1996 we took our then one year old son out there to watch Plugger
    and the Swans tear apart the soon to be defunct Lions. The little fella slipped over on the gravel at one of the ends and
    grazed himself and was crying. All the Fitzroy supporters standing nearby burst out laughing. They were a classy bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Aaah, I remember that day BF! Teaser was on fire! Don't think I've ever seen a player dominate a game like he did that day.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    They weren't much better at the Western Oval. In 1996 we took our then one year old son out there to watch Plugger
    and the Swans tear apart the soon to be defunct Lions. The little fella slipped over on the gravel at one of the ends and
    grazed himself and was crying. All the Fitzroy supporters standing nearby burst out laughing. They were a classy bunch.
    Steady, now.

Even the meanest footy supporters are not into this.

I actually don't believe it happened as stated.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    One year, Fitzroy played their home games at Collingwood's home ground, Victoria Park. I went to a Swans/Fitzroy game there with a Fitzroy suppporting friend who got us into the Member's area there. At one stage, another Fitzroy suppporter told me to get out of the Member' because I didn't belong there. I was able to point out that he didn't actually belong there, either - it was Collingwood's ground, not Fitzroy's. Unlike most people, I didn't have much sympathy for Fitzroy supporters. When South moved to Sydney, Fitzroy people and management became huge "Swans bashers" over what they perceived to be preferential treatment we were getting.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Steady, now.

Even the meanest footy supporters are not into this.

I actually don't believe it happened as stated.
    Unfortunately it did RB. Maybe they were drunk, but even if they were, it wasn't called for.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast