Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: B&F predictions and discussion

Veteran Site Admin
    Watch the Bob Skilton Medal on SwansTV - sydneyswans.com.au

I think they must have just been late starting because Adam Spencer has just appeared on screen. Volume is ordinary. I have mine turned up to maximum on my computer and can still barely hear anything.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Watch the Bob Skilton Medal on SwansTV - sydneyswans.com.au

I think they must have just been late starting because Adam Spencer has just appeared on screen. Volume is ordinary. I have mine turned up to maximum on my computer and can still barely hear anything.
    I’ve been trying to watch it in Zürich, so its at least during the afternoon, but have given up. Just not working at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    I’ve been trying to watch it in Zürich, so its at least during the afternoon, but have given up. Just not working at all.
    It started streaming just as the top three were announced. Kudos to Liz; 3. Buddy, 2. Parker, Winner. Lloyd.

10. Cunningham
    9. Sinclair
    8. Macca
    7. Hewett
    6. Rampe
    5. Kennedy
    4. Heeney
    3. Franklin
    2. Parker
    1. Lloyd

Just before they showed highlights of the last three rounds and then announced top 3 in Bobby Skilton, Horse presented a gift to AJ. Horse said some nice things about AJ and gave him a decent send off. What made an impression:

1. AJ had his ARM in a sling

2. AJ is clearly still really focused on trying to play AFL (Adam Spencer, compering, conspicuously avoided getting into this).

Clearly point 1 is not going to help with point 2 given that AJ is still recovering from his 6th knee reco.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

So if I have to predict an order for this evening it would be

1 Lloyd
    2 Parker
    3 Hewett
    4 Sinclair
    5 Rampe
    6 Franklin
    7 Kennedy
    8 Heeney
    9 McVeigh
    10 Cunningham
    Outstanding effort! Picked top 10 correctly albeit not perfectly in order. Think you may be right about players' player too - all of them referencing Buddy as the best in the comp.

Senior Player
    Same top 3 as last year. Parker and Franklin are our best players; Lloyd our most consistent. Buddy would have romped home had he missed fewer games. Great to see him win Player's Player.

I thought Parker spoke well and Hanners' interview was moving.

First Skilton Medal for star Swans defender - AFL.com.au

liz did also correctly pick players player (Buddy), most improved (Sinclair) and rising star (Florent). Excellent work!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Just before they showed highlights of the last three rounds and then announced top 3 in Bobby Skilton, Horse presented a gift to AJ. Horse said some nice things about AJ and gave him a decent send off. What made an impression:

1. AJ had his ARM in a sling

2. AJ is clearly still really focused on trying to play AFL (Adam Spencer, compering, conspicuously avoided getting into this).

Clearly point 1 is not going to help with point 2 given that AJ is still recovering from his 6th knee reco.
    The thing that interested me was AJ’s sling had a bolster that holds the arm in neutral internat/external rotation with slight abduction. The type of sling one has with shoulder reconstructions or stabilisations. I hope not.

Well done to Jake. Especially since he now joins a select club, of those who have won the Skilton medal, after being originally recruited via the rookie list. Kirk and Jack are the only other members.
    Though I suppose it does emphasize the mediocre nature of the season; in that we spent far too much time getting the ball out of our defence.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    The thing that interested me was AJ’s sling had a bolster that holds the arm in neutral internat/external rotation with slight abduction. The type of sling one has with shoulder reconstructions or stabilisations. I hope not.
    I hope someone has explained to this boy that he has a lot of years to live after footy and it's a lot more fun to do with a body that still functions normally. I really really hope he retires.

What peeves me is there is no acknowledgement of our NEAFL team, no incentive for guys like Darcy Cameron or Colin O'Riordan who had great year and got into NEAFL team of the year. Nor any fanfare by Swans of getting into 4th GF. Swans management seem to a brain fade for our NEAFL boys and website is a prime example

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Well done to Jake. Especially since he now joins a select club, of those who have won the Skilton medal, after being originally recruited via the rookie list. Kirk and Jack are the only other members.
    Though I suppose it does emphasize the mediocre nature of the season; in that we spent far too much time getting the ball out of our defence.
    More significantly, Jake is the first player to win both the Skilton medal and the Ludwig Future Star award. I guess the Skilton medal will just go into the dresser drawer or perhaps auctioned off on Ebay. .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast