Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How is the site going?

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar

How is the site going?

Hey guys

Made a few changes a couple of months ago and it seems that since then we have had NO DROP OUTS? Is that others experience? No issues the past 6-8 weeks?

Again, please us the above sticky to post any problems.

Thank you

Dan
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Yep stable since then. Great

I've had a couple of very temporary times when it has crashed in recent weeks, but only for a few minutes and it has quickly come back up.

Also occasionally have issues where I struggle to login, or login then go to post and it logs me back out. Might be an issue at my end more than the site's end.

As always, thanks for all the awesome work keeping this place chugging along
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Blog Entries
    Hasn't been the same since the previous owner!!!

Been pretty stable. There was some down time yesterday or the day before.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Ok good to know. I'll check out the downtime
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Veterans List
    There was downtime last weekend. I think it was Saturday...but I don't think it lasted long.

Could you check out this problem with pasting long weblinks that seem to freeze the thread at the point of the post. I did this a few weeks ago, so I know not to do it again (although I don't know what the character limit is), but I don't think most members know about this.

I guess the best thing would be to fix the issue so there is no limit on the length of the link or the post is rejected if it exceeds the character limit.

Re the length of web link - for info this does not cause a problem on Tapatalk.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Could you check out this problem with pasting long weblinks that seem to freeze the thread at the point of the post. I did this a few weeks ago, so I know not to do it again (although I don't know what the character limit is), but I don't think most members know about this.

I guess the best thing would be to fix the issue so there is no limit on the length of the link or the post is rejected if it exceeds the character limit.
    Not sure whether it's length of link, per se. All the offending ones (and I've edited out about a dozen now) are links to Fox Sports articles. So it may be something specific to the format of those links.

Senior Player
    Much better since the change...Thanks so much.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Going well Dan. The odd delay/try again I put down to fibre to the node instead of our former fibre to the premises. Otherwise it's fine.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Love the site! Every time I log on I think (in my best Han Solo voice) “Chewie, we’re home”

But for some reason o have to log on 2 or three times using my mobile phone. It often doesn’t let me do it the first time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast