Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 ladder prediction for the swans

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    We should beat The Suns next year, surely.
    Not sure Lynch and May were even playing against us last time, so I wouldnt count your chickens just yet.
    Stewie Dew has the wood over us.

Senior Player
    Hard to say of course, but I think we'll finish in the top 8.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Hard to tell without a fixture
    My predictions:
    • One of our guns/important players will be injured for too long
    • Florent will make a big improvement and Ronke will become the next Amon Buchanan
    • We will finish 7th with a percentage of 103.
    • North will surge then die in the arse like the Dees last year
    • Hawthorn will continue to @@@@ me
    • The Bullets won't have a good season
    • Bogut will get fouled out too often
    • Simmons and the 76ers will get to the conference finals against the Celtics
    • The Bulls will hopefully get above 0.500
    • The Patriots will make the Super Bowl again, ughh
    • I will more than likely hurt myself playing AFL9s
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Hard to tell without a fixture
    My predictions:
    • Florent will make a big improvement and Ronke will become the next Amon Buchanan
      [
    If Ronke can have the year Buchanan did in 2005 (played all 26 games, and had 19 touches and a goal in the GF)
    it'll be a pretty fair effort.

Reid will be injury free........just in time for his 50th Birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    If Ronke can have the year Buchanan did in 2005 (played all 26 games, and had 19 touches and a goal in the GF)
    it'll be a pretty fair effort.
    The winning goal, no less.

2019 is the flag we pinch. No one will expect it. We will fall into a top 4 spot, and play an away final and a home prelim before pinching the flag from under the nose of a much more fancied Victorian opponent, and everyone will call it a fluke,

At the end of the season with the cap space cleared from the loss of Hanners and Rohan the year before, and retirements of McVeigh, Grundy and Jack, we will be armed with a massive hole in our salary cap and pinch the best available free agent or two of them and you watch the Victorian cartel squeal.

No I am not drunk!!!

That’s one possibility. I foresee 2019 as a down year before Swans bounce back into contention in 2020.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Where is O'Riordan at?

I thought he was good in his senior appearances and would take a HB role freeing up Mills/Jones, but the coaches seem to disagree. He's 24 next year.

- - - Updated - - -

It is possible the improvement from last year will come from within - Reid, Melican, Dawson, O'Riordan....

There were alot of under 22's carrying a big load last year.
    COR looked good in his few performances in 2018 and he had a cracking game under intense pressure in the NEAFL GF, so I would hope he plays a few more games this year.
    Hard to see who he forces out of the current backline though. Maybe Grundy.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    COR looked good in his few performances in 2018 and he had a cracking game under intense pressure in the NEAFL GF, so I would hope he plays a few more games this year.
    Hard to see who he forces out of the current backline though. Maybe Grundy.
    He's the stand out candidate, IMO, to release Jones or Mills from defence, something the club has said they are looking to do. He's a bit of a hybrid of the two. Based on what he's shown at NEAFL level, he's not as good an intercept mark as Mills but better than Jones. He's not as quick as Jones but quicker than Mills. And I reckon he has the potential to be better in one-on-one-defensive contests than either - certainly than Jones.

But, of course, he needs to be able to translate his NEAFL form into senior AFL football first, and it will take games and experience before than can be expected to happen.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I watched when he played in the Firsts and thought his pace, handballs and kicks were pretty good - especially when compared with one or two I won't mention. I think his immediate need is time with the top boys.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I watched when he played in the Firsts and thought his pace, handballs and kicks were pretty good - especially when compared with one or two I won't mention. I think his immediate need is time with the top boys.
    Yep, what dim said ^
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast