Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2019 ladder prediction for the swans

Our list is somewhat skewed at present towards youngsters and veterans. A lot of guys 23 or under and a bunch of seasoned veterans over 30. Not too many in the peak years age bracket of 23 to 28 at present. This is probably why we are not a contender in the way we were from 2012 to 2018.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Budds View Post
    I'm really excited by what Thurlow could bring if he stays on the park. Best 22 for mine if fit. Intercepting half back with the ability to push up onto a wing. I think we'll get the best out of him.
    He was a first round pick in his draft year as a defender, tore his ACL in 2016 and has struggled to get back since. On talent he could be anything.

I suspect both he and Clarke got the we will play you offer to attract them to the club. Both should do well with an extended run at it.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

We will be in the eight, it’s a pretty well drilled habit.
    My prediction would be 4th.

Regular in the Side
    Sarah Olle of Fox Sport writes the Case for Swans to win the flag in 2019:
    Outline - Read & annotate without distractions

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Sarah Olle of Fox Sport writes the Case for Swans to win the flag in 2019:
    Outline - Read & annotate without distractions
    To put some context around that, Olle is a diehard Swans fan. But her observation that you could make a case for around 12 teams is fair. We just won't know until...we know.

Captains' call: Who will take out the major awards in 2019? - AFL.com.au

The club captains effectively mirror my own predictions and have us in the 8 ahead of Essendon. They have also most commonly tipped the other teams I would have in the 8. But it's (obviously) not an easy call and will undoubtedly be wrong somewhere.

As of 5 minutes ago, I'm thinking this could be a good year for the Giants. My animosity towards them, which peaked in 2016, has receded a bit and I wouldn't begrudge them some success. Will do the game good in here in NSW. Plus my treacherous 9 year old kind of goes for them.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    As of 5 minutes ago, I'm thinking this could be a good year for the Giants. My animosity towards them, which peaked in 2016, has receded a bit and I wouldn't begrudge them some success. Will do the game good in here in NSW. Plus my treacherous 9 year old kind of goes for them.
    That made me laugh - damn kids, never do as they are told!

He's "compromised" by making the Swans his second team. The hide!!

Veterans List
    Lift your game. What kind of a Swans supporting father are you??!!!

If my kids (assuming we have some of course) do that trick, they'll be sleeping outside with the dog until they swear their allegiance to the right team :P
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

[I love the attitude here Spud.
    QUOTE=Hotpotato;768862]We will be in the eight, it’s a pretty well drilled habit.
    My prediction would be 4th.[/QUOTE]

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast